Moms and Maids

Have a Maid of Honor, Matron of Honor, Bridesmaids, and Possibly Junior Bridesmaid

I have a both a maid of honor and matron of honor. Along with two bridesmaids and possibly a junior bridesmaid. Would it look weird or be disrespectful if I have the two MOH's wear the same dress with some sparkle or something special and then have the other two bridesmaids wear two different dresses and then the junior bridesmaid have another dress? So it would be four different dresses all together. I am just worried that since the MOH's are suppose to be the one's that stand out they won't if they are in the same two dresses while the other ones have different ones. I am just stuck in a situation because I don't know what to do for dresses.

Re: Have a Maid of Honor, Matron of Honor, Bridesmaids, and Possibly Junior Bridesmaid

• NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    You're over thinking this. They don't need to stand out. They can all wear the same style or different. They can all have the same bouquets or different ones. Some can wear sparkle belts or not.There's nothing disrespectful at all by making them the same. Go by what looks best on each maid.
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    Who says the MsOH are supposed to stand out? You are way over thinking this. Nobody will look at your WP and think any of them are more special than the others based on what they wear. And please just call your junior bridesmaid a bridesmaid. She is doing the same thing as the others, so just call her the same thing.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • They can wear the same thing or they can all wear different things - you're overthinking it. If you want to have your MOHs stand out, you can get them different bouquets.
  • First, remove the word "junior" from junior bridesmaids.  A junior bridesmaid has the same responsiblities as regular bridesmaids...all she has to do is buy the dress and show up smiling on your wedding day.

Second, just have them all wear the same dress or pick a lenght, color and fabric you like and have them pick their own dress.

You are overthinking this completely.  There are no levels in the wedding party.  Just because there is a MOH does not mean that she is any more special then a BM thus means that the MOH does not have to stand out or look different then any other person in the bridal party.

• KaySea6213KaySea6213 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2013
    I was a junior bridesmaid in my SM wedding at 14. I don't think it's that big of a deal. I didn't have the same responsibilities. I didn't go to the couples shower or the bachelorette party, I didn't pay for the dress and I walked down the aisle alone. I say call her whatever you please, it's likely that if you think she's young enough to be a junior bridesmaid then you won't have to worry about her being offended by a silly title.

As far as your actual question - You are definitely stressing too much. Bridesmaids can all wear different dresses and be alright. My suggestion would be to aim for the same fabric or same color (one of the two not necessarily both) for a unified look, but it doesn't have to be unified if you don't want it to be. Also, I understand your desire to have your MsOH stand out, because I wanted that too, but they may not want that and it's not really necessary.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KaySea6213KaySea6213 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2013
    I didn't, and still don't, feel that it was a "slap in the face" and I was the one called junior.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards