November 2014 Weddings

We are getting married in November 2014!

Hi everyone! I'm Kasey and we are getting married 11-8-14! I'm so excited to get back into planning my wedding again! I'm tossing ideas around so no major plans made other than we have our venue picked out. I hope to get to know you ladies more as we go through this journey together!
Kasey & Anthony Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: We are getting married in November 2014!

• I'm getting married the same day. :)
    I haven't done much more planning than you have. It's exciting and stressful all at the same time.
  • Same day here, too! We also picked the venue (that's how we picked the date--it was open), and have signed the contract with them and the exclusive caterer to the venue which was a separate contract. 
  • Hi everyone,

Current date is tentatively set for Saturday, November 8, 2014. It runs into Veterans Day...so guest can have a long weekend :) I posted earlier and did not see my previous posting. No arrangements have been set.

• wow, how lucky is that date. i too will hopefully be marrying 11.08.14. doing some veune shopping to see where i can get the best deals.  i live in nj close to nyc and prices are ridiculously high, like 200 per person !
  • Ours is on Friday November 7, 2014.  My brother & sister in-law are professional photographers and are doing our pictures for free. YIPPEE :-)  They mostly book up on the weekends for weddings and we didn't want them to miss out on potential paying customers while shooting our wedding.  I'm just hoping guests don't have trouble making it to the wedding on a Friday after work!

• Hi ladies! So, my original date I had picked was 6/28/14 but the original venue I wanted just wasn't going to work for us so we changed to 7/19/14 so find a venue in our price range but we weren't really happy with it. So, as of yesterday, we have officially booked a new venue, an old, renovated theater for 11/8/14. I didn't realize it was Veterans day weekend until I saw some of your other posts. Awesome! Having our wedding in November is going to save us money b/c we get off peak pricing (our venue was going to offer us a discount if we wanted to use the Saturday or Friday after Thanksgiving since nobody books it, yeah why would we? lol).
  • I'm planning for Saturday, November 22, 2014 in Orlando, FL. It's the weekend before Thanksgiving so guests can plan for an extended stay while kids are off school and we can book a tropical honeymoon over Thanksgiving (cheaper and less pto!). We've booked venues and officiant, and we've started quoting photographers, videographers, florists and bands/djs. I've just started thinking about stationary and booking our honeymoon.
  • Yay, I am getting married on nov 8 as well. We have already booked the venue, dj and church ceremony. My cousin's boyfriend will be our photographer. We are currently looking for florists, limo service, invitation cards and honeymoon ideas
  • 11/29/14 thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I've always wanted to get married on that weekend
  • 11/29/14 thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I've always wanted to get married on that weekend
    We're 11-29-14 too.  Bonus is that they'll be a lot of yrs when we'll get built in time off our anniversary
  • I hadn't thought of that @lvgirl1000! Good call!
  • I'm considering getting married on 11/5/14 since it wil be just after our two year anniversary. I am planning a fairly,small intimate affair at a church then dinner after. I concerned that our nieces and nephew will be bored if we dont have a DJ (trying to save $$ to buy a house). Thoughts? We would have it at a restaurant in a private room.
  • KLee17KLee17 member
    First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I've been on the knot for awhile, but am just getting on the message boards. Our date is 11/14/14. We're planning a small destination wedding in Orlando and are elbow deep in our planning. Seems like there's a great group of November brides on here! So great to get to know you all!
  • Wow so many on the same date, but no one on 11/1? That's the date we chose really because of my lease and financial reasons so I would have wanted the wedding to be in August! I have actually gotten a lot done but I have family and friends who are helping out which has made it easier. 

any other backyard weddings like me?
  • I am an 11/1/14 wedding. 11/1 marks our 5-year anniversary :)

We are not having a backyard wedding (We live in Wisconsin and for all we know, it could be snowing that day!). 

I pretty much have everything done and planned. Bridal shower is on August 2nd. :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards