Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Wedding Day Beauty Timeline

I thought I'd ask some Knotties for help/advice....

I am getting my hair and makeup done in two different places on my wedding day. For hair, I plan to do it half-up or one-side up, but with curls. Then, I will head over to MAC to get my makeup done, which is only 15-20 minutes away from the hair salon.. I want to go over to the ceremony site (another 15-20 minutes away from MAC), get dressed, and be ready for pictures at 2pm.

Here is my question: What time should I schedule hair and makeup in order to be at the site with enough time to get dressed for pictures?

This has been boggling my mind for days...I'm not joking....lol....HELP! :)

Re: Wedding Day Beauty Timeline

• Options
    I was kind of in charge of beauty for my sister's wedding--I was coordinating the beauty of the bride, BMs, and MOB since I was their MUA for the day. here's I did it and how I'm doing mine: work backwards. so you need to be completely ready, dressed, primped, on site by 2 pm.

how long will it take you to get dressed? figure on maybe an hour what with BMs and parents and interruptions and stuff? this is different for different people, but honestly, it shouldn't take longer than 60 minutes to put on the dress, jewelry, shoes, and veil. so say you need to be at the site by 1 pm to get dressed.

20 minutes from the MAC counter. so you need to leave the MAC counter by 12:40 at the latest. how long will it take to do your makeup? I'm guessing 30 minutes? maybe 45? it's a good idea to overestimate your time, so say 40 minutes to make the appointment start at a nice time. so you need to schedule the MAC appointment for 12 noon.

do you need to eat? probably want to do that  BEFORE you put on your makeup. schedule time now to grab a quick bite and brush/floss teeth. maybe an hour. so lunch at 11 am.

hair ends at 11 am. I don't know how elaborate your hairstyle is, or how long your hair is, or whether you are going in with your hair already shampooed or they are shampooing it there or if it will even be shampooed at all (some styles do better with dirty hair). may want to discuss this with your stylist, or do a hair trial. but however long it takes, it should probably end by 11 (assuming you're eating lunch--if not, it should end by 11:40 to allow for time to go to MAC). I'm going to assume 2 hours for your hair. make the appointment at 9 am.

btw, this is a rough draft of my schedule as well, as I will need to be ready by about 3 pm, so times will be moved forward an hour for me.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    I think Pooh said it pretty well.  All I know is, it took longer to get ready than I ever thought imaginable.  It took every minute of 2 hours and then some.  And you will be interrupted. Alot.

We allowed 1.5 hours for hair and 30 minutes for makeup but hair took slightly longer.  And I got dressed after that which probably only took 20 minutes or so but I was rushed by that time and was hurrying.  Allow more time than you think you will need is my advice.  I hated being rushed at the end.
  • Options
    I called MAC and was told to schedule my trial run a month before. At that time, we will schedule my day-of makeup appointment. My sister went there and got her makeup done for her senior pictures and it looked great and so natural. I want the same girl. In fact, I'm taking the picture of my sister with me! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards