Honeymoon Discussions

Packing help please

Hey ladies

We are going to Sandals negril for our honeymoon in May. I am usually the sit in a chair and drink umbrella drinks kind of girl but I think I may wanna zipline, go to the falls, possibly snorkle or at least go out on the boat.....

What kind of shoes do you recommend for stuff like that...sneakers, watershoes????  And what about carrying id's cellphone, camera money...what is everyone keeping there stuff dry and safe in....

I am very inexperienced with this kind of trip lol

thanks 
deanna
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Packing help please

• If you are going to go ziplining, they usually recommend closed toed shoes, be it sneakers or water shoes.  I'd also recommend at least capri length pants, not just shorts, because of how the harness sits.  For snorkeling, just wear flip flops like you normally would to a beach, since you'll be taking them off once you are in the water anyways.  Flip flops are okay for a boat too, since most charter boats have you remove your shoes too.

As for stuff to take with you on excursions, take as little as possible.  You won't need your cell phone unless you are paying for an international calling card, but even then, I'd probably leave it behind (your tour guides will have phones in case of emergency).  For room keys, IDs, cash, etc, maybe buy some shorts with a zipper/velcro pocket?  The only shorts my H wears has closeable cargo pockets, so he's usually in charge of carrying all that stuff for us.

For your camera, for a zipline tour, just make sure you have a wrist/neck strap and hold on to it really well.  For snorkeling/boating or around water in general, I recommend a DicaPac like THIS.  They are waterproof up to 15', so you can take pictures underwater, but it will also keep out sand.  You just have to be diligent about getting the lens centered when you are taking pictures, otherwise you can get some of the case in the frame, which looks like a black ring around the picture (there's an example of it in the pics for the product, but you can easily crop it out later).
    Anniversary
  • You will love the beach in Negril!

For shoes, I would go with something like these
    http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/wall/shoes/women/waterfront

Although there are cheaper versions too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_packing-help-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:a7e74077-d0e6-4440-afe8-3bcfd21b7aa6Post:9db1c299-53bd-4a48-b26f-6b3e10826a09">Packing help please</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies We are going to Sandals negril for our honeymoon in May. I am usually the sit in a chair and drink umbrella drinks kind of girl but I think I may wanna zipline, go to the falls, possibly snorkle or at least go out on the boat..... What kind of shoes do you recommend for stuff like that...sneakers, watershoes????  And what about carrying id's cellphone, camera money...what is everyone keeping there stuff dry and safe in.... I am very inexperienced with this kind of trip lol thanks  deanna
    Posted by deanna5776[/QUOTE]

these do not have the same answers. for ziplining sneakers or closed toe shoes that tie or wont fall off and capri length yoga pants are great for that. shorts adn the harness are just not comfortable or flattering.

for snorkeling i go barefoot. if you're going on a boat (what kind? to do what?) i'm always barefoot on boats. for the boat bring a backpack with a ziplock bag for electronics. for snorrkeling why owuld you bring your cell phone? money and id can be put in a ziplock bag and put in a bathing suit or swim trunk pocket. hell i've shoved mine down the front of my bathigns uit. i have an underwater case from olympus for my camera. if i'm swimming its in there.

i also have a waterproof bag for snorkelign on random beaches where i have my kindle, dh has his tablet etc.. where we'll be on the beach all day. <a href="http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_19?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=waterproof%20bag%20for%20swimming&sprefix=waterproof+bag+for+%2Caps%2C428" rel="nofollow">http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_19?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=waterproof%20bag%20for%20swimming&sprefix=waterproof+bag+for+%2Caps%2C428</a> heres the list. pay attention what you'll have and the size. i dont regret buying one at all.

• thank you so much for all the help...

I use my cell phone as my camera so that is why i think it will be with me a lot and i just wanted to try to keep it as safe as possible....

So if i am laying on the beach to begin my day then jumping on a boat to go snorkling my phone will be with me :) along with all my other crap too lol

Thanks again for all your help....like i said i am new to beach vacations where my stuff would not be safe in my bag on the beach like it is here in my hometown of Myrtle beach :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ok so ziplock bags in your beach bag work perfectly in those situations.

i wouldn't assume my beach bag is safe on any beach anywhere unattended-even in the hamptons and fire island where i go during the summer.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards