Second Weddings

Second wedding help!

Okay! So my husband and I are both 19. We had a baby when we were 18 and we got married at 19 because he joined the air force. we are getting married in 8 months when he returns home and at this time we will be 20. All of these second wedding ideas make it seem like i cant have an amazing big wedding. My first wedding was in this womans living room for 50 bucks. I want an actual wedding but I'm not sure what would be good ideas, also i want to include our son who will be 14 months at the wedding. PLEASE HELP! 

Re: Second wedding help!

• You already had a wedding and dont get a do over unless youve been divorced. Why dont you celebrate your husband coming home instead.
  • Yep , this is not a second wedding/marriage but rather a vow renewal. You can have a lovely party to celebrate with your family, have someone do a  vow renewal with your son standing up there with you, but no attendants, no shower, no bachelorette party, etc. I suggest just having a more upscale welcome home party and having all of your loved ones there with you to share in the joy that he's made it home safely. You can have a DJ, dinner or appetizers depending on the time of day, and cake.

• This board, called "Second Weddings" is for people who have been married before, divorced, and getting married again.

There is a Military Brides board on the left, if you click on "Special Topic Wedding Boards", it comes up. I suspect the situation you are describing happens much more on that board and those brides may feel differently than the brides on this board.

What you are describing is a vow renewal, you are already married.
  • What you are describing is a vow renewal as you are already married.

This board is for those who are either widowed or divorced and getting married again. 

• As others have said, you had a wedding and you are married so you obviously can't have a wedding now.  I'm sure you had reasons to marry when you did and it sucks that you now feel like you missed out on something.  I imagine if you could go back, you would have made your wedding more special to you. 

I think the suggestions above about having a party to welcome your husband home sound wonderful.  Take that opportunity to recommit to one another in front of your loved ones.  I'm sure they would love to attend.  Host a party with good food, DJ if you want, a welcome home cake...anything you want to include EXCEPT a big poofy white wedding dress, bridal party, pre-wedding parties.  You could wear a fantastic evening gown, get your hair done, dress your son in an adorable little suit and make some wonderful memories.  Take lots of pictures!

Good luck and just remember that the important thing is not the wedding but the marriage.  Focus on that and on your son.

imageimage
  • Who cares if they had a quickie "wedding" already, they can have the big one if they want. You guys sure are quick to jump on someone that is just asking for some planning advice. You want the big dress? Do it. Like I have seen these women say in many other posts on this board, it is you and your fiance's day so do what you want and don't pay attention to what others think or say.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Not sure what makes you think I am not a second wedding bride. And it did seem to me that people were jumping on her telling her she can't have the real wedding she wants.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No, I am not married. I am getting married (for the 2nd time) in July. I have no idea where you are getting your information from but you are totally incorrect. 

She can do whatever the heck she wants. People do it all the time. Just because YOU do not approve does not mean it isn't ok for others.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards