Outdoor Weddings

Aisle runner???

I'm getting married outside in a garden. The vendor has a cement sidewalk from the builiding all the way down to the garden. So my question is aisle runner or just rose petals? I want to eliminate the chance of people tripping. What should I do?

Re: Aisle runner???

• My vote is rose petals and no aisle runner. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Generally speaking, aisle runners in outdoor weddings are a disaster.  Even the lightest breeze will pick it up, then snake and twist it around.  I've seen it happen, and it's cringe-worthy.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Rose petals only, for the reasons described & your concerns,
  • Agree with pp since there is a cement walk just use petals. I had an aisle runner since i was concerned my heels would sink in the dirt/loose gravel. But we did have an issue with wind. My friends got a great idea to use my favor (jordan almond flowers) to line the runner to hold it down. I had made lots of extra favors to use for decoration.
  • Stick with rose petals.  Our ceremony was indoors and we still didn't use an aisle runner.  If they're cheap they just look messing after they're walked on.
  • I am getting married in a garden also, and we elected to have no aisle runner because of the possibility of tripping.  I would go with rose petals. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards