Second Weddings

Looking for a second wedding venue for 50-100 people

We are looking for a venue in a no more than 50 mile radius from Clarkston, MI for our second wedding.  A perfect location doesn't have to be traditional but more open to a strolling appetizer or station set up with of course full open bar.  Very open to any unique location with the option of an area for a ceremony.  Any suggestions appreciated

Re: Looking for a second wedding venue for 50-100 people

• Try your local board.  This is an international board, and those of us in Massachusetts, Florida, Oregon & South Dakota can't help you. 

• I agree, join us on the local board. The Detroit Knotties are very helpful.

At the top of the board is a post with a post-it pin that says "Vendors/Reviews". It goes back years, and most brides put their vendors, venues and costs/reviews there.

I can personally recommend Greenmead Village in Livonia. It's a city park, with a banquet room in one of the historic homes, plus a non-denominational chapel. If you click on my Bio link below, there are pictures of it on the Photo link on the first page, and contact information on the Vendor link/tab.

This was my first wedding, but my husband's 3rd. It's a lovely historic village with fabulous gardens. They supply the buildings, tables, chairs and dance floor, you supply everything else. You bring in your own caterer, linens/plates/glassware, alcohol. The max capacity for the chapel and banquet room is 100, so we found it to be perfect.

Plus, the brides on the Detroit board are super helpful when you give them as much details as you have. PS: It also helps to provide a budget, because we need to know this so we don't recommend places too expensive.

good luck. looking forward to seeing you there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards