Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Do we really need...

I only have less than a month before my wedding. I still haven't bought a guest book (or guest book alternative) because I can't really find anything that I like and because I don't want to pay for something I'll probably never look at again. Do I really need one of these? Would people even notice if we didn't have one?

Re: Do we really need...

• Options
    edited March 2013
    You don't need one, and nobody will care if you don't have one. I never sign them as a guest anyway. I wrote you a lovely message in your card attached to the gift, what elese am I supposed to write in the guestbook?
  • Options
    No one will even notice it's gone. I wouldn't bother :)
  • Options
    Skip it. Not worth the stress.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    You don't NEED anything you don't want...so skip it.  I bought one and now I'm realizing I'll probably end up throwing it away.  
  • Options
    I was wondering the same thing. We didn't want to spend money on a book we're going to look at one time and throw in the closet. We decided on having a canvas print made of one of our engagement pictures (also super easy to do if you're crafty) and having people sign that. That way we can hang it up and still see it.
  • Options
    No, you can skip it
  • Options
    Thanks. I didn't think I really needed it. That's a good idea missbree.
  • Options
    In hind sight, it was a waste of money. My mom bought an engraved book for us. No one wrote anything special, just wrote their names. So basically, we have two pages that are a list of names. I haven't even looked at the thing since the wedding and I haven't put the pages back in it yet, my mom removed the pages so they wouldn't bend.
  • Options
    I bought a Snapfish lay flat photo album coupon from RueLaLa and made an album with pics of us throughout our relationship.  We left open spaces for people to sign on.  I'm hoping it's something we will look at again since it basically chronicles our relationship up til our wedding, and any messages from guests who do sign would be icing on the cake.  I think...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I say skip it.

If you don't feel PASSIONATELY about it-- just skip it. Spend your time & money on the things that you really care about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards