Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

unique and reasonably priced place for *Rehearsal Dinner*

Having trouble finding a neat place with character - that doesn't have a $2,000+++ food and beverage minimum! Anyone have any ideas? BYOB places?
Preferably somewhere near uptown/downtown or Oak Cliff area, due to hotel and venue location. No preference on food type either.
Thanks! 

Re: unique and reasonably priced place for *Rehearsal Dinner*

• edited March 2013
    We had our RD at Times Ten Cellars in Lakewood, which has no F+B minimum because they don't have a restaurant.  I don't know about budget, because the rental fee can get pretty steep, but I'd say it's reasonable.  Especially if you have a pretty small group.  We had close to 80 people at our RD, so we had to rent out their "party room," Times Ten Too, but they also will close off smaller areas of the main building for events.  If your party will be REALLY small, you could even have dinner in the barrel room where they have all the big metal drums for the wine, which is really neat.  =)

Edit: They do have a preferred caterers list, and you get a discount on wine if you use one of them.
    Anniversary

• Depending on the size of your group, check out La Calle Doce in Oak Cliff. I don't think they have any F/B minimum, and their private dining area can seat up to 70. I'd definitely use the one in Oak Cliff (rather than Lakewood) though. Better ambiance and the food is better. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There are a few in/near downtown Dallas that come to mind that you may want to look into:

Sonny Bryans (they have a banquet space called 'The Maverick Room')
    El Fenix (they have a rooftop area available for special events)
    Campisi's (multiple DFW locations have special event rooms)
    Iron Cactus

• Saint Ann's Bistro, Royal Sixty, Sambuca (? unsure on affordability- depends on # guests I imagine), Texas Land & Cattle (Lemmon), Tillman's Roadhouse (? again- could be pricey), Gloria's Oak Cliff. 

This may be a little too unique for you, but I had my RD at The Londoner in Uptown. No F&B minimum- only pay for menu pricing. We had the entire upstairs, including the balcony that overlooks downtown. Everyone loved the location and RAVED about the food. They even have vegetarian options which was a big plus for us. 
  • How big is your guest list? We had a small wedding, and therefore, I small rehearsal. We had ours downtown at Neo's Pizza Neopoletana. It was super close to our venue and the f&b minimum was only $500. And free parking downtown! We are chill people, so Neo's was perfect for us! We didnt need a fancy banquet space. They give you a side room, with private patio and bar.
  • edited April 2013
    We are having ours at Buca di Beppo (which is a family style portion place)!!!
    Soon to be MR. & MRS. ANTHONY PRICE JR! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're having ours at Sammy's BBQ - very casual and can hold like 200 people if you use the outdoor space.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards