Pre-wedding Parties

OOT BM asking to stay with me...

One of my OOT BM's asked if she could stay at my house the night before the RD. This will be the last night my FI and I will be alone in our house before getting married. She lands at midnight and would'nt be there til 1:00AM. I think it's really nervey and rude of her to ask. Additionally, we do not like her BF, who is coming with her. How do I, in a nice way, tell her it's not ok with me?

Re: OOT BM asking to stay with me...

• I would just let her know that this is the last time before the wedding you and fi will be together and you really need some privacy. I would offer to help find a cheaper hotel for her to stay in.
  • Ditto PP. We had houseguests for 2 nights prior to the RD, and it was annoying.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_oot-bm-asking-to-stay-with-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:8753b779-ea17-4a7f-891a-20ce945ba9b5Post:1463663f-fc93-4476-8813-2fcb2a570588">OOT BM asking to stay with me...</a>:
    [QUOTE]One of my OOT BM's asked if she could stay at my house the night before the RD. This will be the last night my FI and I will be alone in our house before getting married. She lands at midnight and would'nt be there til 1:00AM. I think it's really nervey and rude of her to ask. Additionally, we do not like her BF, who is coming with her. How do I, in a nice way, tell her it's not ok with me?
    Posted by Lisa+Kevin[/QUOTE]

<div>I disagree about her being rude to ask, but I guess it depends on your relationship with her.  Are there any other OOT guests she might know that she could share a hotel room with?  I definitely would just say you need some alone time with FI (and a good night's sleep before the wedding).  Don't mention that you don't want her BF there.</div>
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I don't think it's rude of her to ask- she is spending a lot of money to be in your wedding.

BUT I can understand you not wanting guests the last night you and your FI have together. I would say something along the lines of Retread. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards