Hi, I'm new!

So I read the sticky that says we should introduce ourselves, so here goes:

Screen Name: lemclane
Significant Other's Age: 31
What You Do: Writer (freelance)
What SO Does: Writer (newspaper)
State of Relationship: Engaged
How Long You've Been Together: Almost a year
How You Met: Through mutual friends/a shared former job/Facebook (long story)
Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Oct. 13, 2013
Real Babies: Nope
Fur Babies: Nope -- but I do have two dozen houseplants that are my potted babies 
Loves: Reading, coffee, running, coffee, books, coffee, knitting/crocheting, coffee...did I mention coffee?
Hates: People who can't take a joke, people who don't get sarcasm, people who won't accept an alternative point of view
Pet Peeves: Being asked the same question over again as though my answer will change; spelling/grammatical mistakes in things that should have been copy-edited
Hobbies/Activities: Reading, running, knitting and crocheting
Favorite Thing About Your SO: He always has my back, 110 percent, no matter what
Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: His smoking. He's quitting, and he's down to half a cigarette a day, but I hate kissing him when he smells like an ashtray.
Describe Your Personality: Fun loving, loyal, sweet, snarky, sarcastic, easy-going, laid-back.
Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Oh, easily a 9.
I've Been On TK Since: Uhm...no idea.
How You Came to Be On TK: I heard about it through other friends when they got married; now it's my turn.
How I like my potatoes: In my tummy.
Favorite book/author: "A Swiftly Tilting Planet," by Madeleine L'Engle.
Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I speak several languages fluently.
Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'

Re: Hi, I'm new!

• Welcome to the board! Congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding. I like running and crocheting as well. Stick around. We are a friendly bunch who like to help each other out!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_hi-im-new-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:79c522fd-09b4-401c-81a0-96a8d4b6536cPost:32fe1a59-21dc-437c-99c7-fadbef9b60cf">Re: Hi, I'm new!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome.  What kind of plants do you have?  We have two birds of paradise and various (I think 12-15) carnivorous plants.
    Posted by snippet17[/QUOTE]

<div>I have three varities of philodendron; two variety of spider plant; a peace lily, a ginger plant, a palm tree, assorted (as in, I lost count and can't remember the types) succulents, an amaryllis, an alligator plant, a bonsai ficus...I'm forgetting some of them, I know, but those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head. I envy you your birds of paradise! I want to try those, but I haven't had a chance to yet.</div>
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Welcome! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm coffee. :) How do you like your coffee?

• Welcome! I think this is definitely the most friendly and active of the "community". Our wedding weekend is very popular! Im the 12th, there are a few 11ths and 13ths on here! Happy Planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome!

Whereabouts in Central PA are you from?  I grew up outside of Philadelphia, moved to the Pittsburgh area in HS and then went to college north of Penn State.
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Welcome!  What are you working on right now in planning?

• Welcome!
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards