Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

MV Wedding Reception Help!

Hello!

I am looking for a great reception location in martha's vineyard for my May 2014 wedding! So far we have decided on a ceremony site, the Old Whaling Church, but have not signed a contract yet. I am still trying to find a reception site.. It looks like we are going to have between 30-40 guests. 

FI and I will be graduating with our Master's degrees in May of 2014 the weekends of the 10th and the 17th, so the wedding will have to be after that. We decided to have everything in May because FI's parents will be traveling overseas to see him and I graduate and it is too expensive to pay for two sets offlights; for graduation and the wedding, so it is more stressful, but easier on our wallets to do it that way. 

All in all - I have had a hard time trying to find something that is not crazy expensive. I would love some suggestions!

Re: MV Wedding Reception Help!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-cape-cod_mv-wedding-reception-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:94Discussion:8a736207-faa8-418e-8bbb-73bd7326128bPost:d51d6bb5-5591-4159-b38b-46a587434350">MV Wedding Reception Help!</a>:<div>
    </div><div>Hi,</div><div>
    </div><div>I am getting married in martha's vineyard this June and we are having both our ceremony and the reception at Atria restaurant.  This is a fantastic venue which has an outdoor lawn area for cocktails and a tented patio for your dinner or several rooms inside the restaurant if you want to have your reception inside.  We are having a small wedding also of about 30-35 guests.</div><div>
    </div><div>Check them out at <a href="http://www.atriamv.com" rel="nofollow">www.atriamv.com</a>  </div><div>
    </div><div>Hope this helps!</div><div>JoAnn</div><div>
    [QUOTE]Hello! I am looking for a great reception location in martha's vineyard for my May 2014 wedding! So far we have decided on a ceremony site, the Old Whaling Church, but have not signed a contract yet.  I am still trying to find a reception site.. It looks like we are going to have between 30-40 guests.  FI and I will be graduating with our Master's degrees in May of 2014 the weekends of the 10th and the 17th, so the wedding will have to be after that. We decided to have everything in May because FI's parents will be traveling overseas to see him and I graduate and it is too expensive to pay for two sets offlights; for graduation and the wedding, so it is more stressful, but easier on our wallets to do it that way.  All in all - I have had a hard time trying to find something that is not crazy expensive. I would love some suggestions!
    Posted by snow12[/QUOTE]

</div>
  • Options
    Our reception was at the Harbor View and I will sing the praises of their event staff until my dying day. It wasn't crazy expensive (especially when compared to doing a fully-tented catered dinner) and it's so close to the Old Whaling Church. Excellent food as well. They have a few banquet rooms in addition to restaurant space so I'm sure there's something to accomodate a wedding of 30-40 people. 

Also, I think the Daniel Fisher House has space for a reception and there's some relatonship between that and the Whaling Church, so you may want to check that out as well (if you do and you need a tent, I highly recommend Seaside Celebrations as well).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards