Wedding Etiquette Forum

How much does it matter if all the groomsmen have the same tux?

As the wedding planning is going on, there are a lot of things I just don't care about. Our gms are wearing black tuxes, and FI just asked me if I care if they match, or if everyone can wear ones they already own. They'll have similar style shirts, but again I dont' think everyone has to buy all new shirts.
Am I missing anything, or is it fine if the tuxes aren't identical?

Also, side note, I don't like corsages for the Mothers. Remind me of bad prom moments.  OK to skip?

Re: How much does it matter if all the groomsmen have the same tux?

• I can't really tell the difference between any tuxes, and certainly wouldn't notice on your wedding day if I was attending. I think all same color = okay by me.  And nah, you don't have to do corsages. My exMIL got a small boutonniere because that's what she insisted on. I didn't even care to do it.

I think you're going to overstress yourself doll, based on the questions you've been asking. You're thinking too deep ;)
    my blog - for the love of ein
    'Next time, just fart.' - BriSox81
  • Kmbryant, you are 100 percent correct!!!!I'm really trying to take a more relaxed approach to this.  I need to remember that all people care about is a happy couple, decent food, and some good music! The rest is gravy.....

• I asked all the guys to wear the same style shirt. But i didnt say anything else.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_how-much-does-it-matter-if-all-the-groomsmen-have-the-same-tux?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e4bf02b8-e791-4669-a560-339ded013711Post:526106ef-1b88-468e-bb7f-c5f00c85a2ee">How much does it matter if all the groomsmen have the same tux?</a>:
    [QUOTE]As the wedding planning is going on, there are a lot of things I just don't care about. Our gms are wearing black tuxes, and FI just asked me if I care if they match, or if everyone can wear ones they already own. They'll have similar style shirts, but again I dont' think everyone has to buy all new shirts. Am I missing anything, or is it fine if the tuxes aren't identical?<strong> Also, side note, I don't like corsages for the Mothers. Remind me of bad prom moments.  OK to skip?
    </strong>Posted by TheBaysideBride[/QUOTE]

We asked our moms what they wanted.  Florist could either do wrist corsage, pin it on, or they could carry a small bouquet.  Why don't you give them the option?  I think it's nice for the moms (and grandmothers) to have some sort of flowers.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_how-much-does-it-matter-if-all-the-groomsmen-have-the-same-tux?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e4bf02b8-e791-4669-a560-339ded013711Post:71d4465a-85e4-4ef9-8315-c521a5b8932a">Re: How much does it matter if all the groomsmen have the same tux?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to How much does it matter if all the groomsmen have the same tux? : We asked our moms what they wanted.  Florist could either do wrist corsage, pin it on, or they could carry a small bouquet.  Why don't you give them the option?  I think it's nice for the moms (and grandmothers) to have some sort of flowers.
    Posted by JoanE2012[/QUOTE]

Should they match? Ie: if my mom wants a wrist corsage, does FMIL need one too? Or just give them both what they want?
  • I wouldn't care or even notice.

Honestly, I can't even tell the difference between a tux and suit. They all look like penguins to me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • our moms are getting pin ons
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_how-much-does-it-matter-if-all-the-groomsmen-have-the-same-tux?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e4bf02b8-e791-4669-a560-339ded013711Post:9004be60-96c4-4797-a9d9-62ed96de70da">Re: How much does it matter if all the groomsmen have the same tux?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much does it matter if all the groomsmen have the same tux? : Should they match? Ie: if my mom wants a wrist corsage, does FMIL need one too? Or just give them both what they want?
    Posted by Rachaellennon[/QUOTE]

Let them each choose what they want.  Our moms chose different options based on what they felt comfortable with.
  • In Response to Re:How much does it matter if all the groomsmen have the same tux?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much does it matter if all the groomsmen have the same tux?:In Response to How much does it matter if all the groomsmen have the same tux? : We asked our moms what they wanted.nbsp; Florist could either do wrist corsage, pin it on, or they could carry a small bouquet.nbsp; Why don't you give them the option?nbsp; I think it's nice for the moms and grandmothers to have some sort of flowers.Posted by JoanE2012Should they match? Ie: if my mom wants a wrist corsage, does FMIL need one too? Or just give them both what they want? Posted by Rachaellennon[/QUOTE]
    I would just give them each what they wanted. When it comes to the type of flower arrangement moms want for themselves, it's hardly a hill worth dying on.

As far as black suits go... they all look the same to me. But I figure they're like black dresses. Some might feel they look better in different styles.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_how-much-does-it-matter-if-all-the-groomsmen-have-the-same-tux?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e4bf02b8-e791-4669-a560-339ded013711Post:433b9eb0-1187-437d-b1af-3660c313b86b">Re: How much does it matter if all the groomsmen have the same tux?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kmbryant, you are 100 percent correct!!!!I'm really trying to take a more relaxed approach to this.  I need to remember that all people care about is a happy couple, decent food, and some good music! The rest is gravy.....
    Posted by TheBaysideBride[/QUOTE]

I feel like a kindred spirit because I get way too stressed over this stuff, too! Regarding the flowers - I asked my mom and FMIL what their preference was and turned out neither of them actually wanted one. Fine by me! So I would just ask them. I prefer when wedding parties aren't all made to look exactly the same, so I also think the groomsmen wearing different tuxes would be totally fine. I love that you're easy-going enough not to demand that they all go out and buy new shirts. As long as they're fairly similar, they'll look great, and it's going to be a blast.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_how-much-does-it-matter-if-all-the-groomsmen-have-the-same-tux?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e4bf02b8-e791-4669-a560-339ded013711Post:71d4465a-85e4-4ef9-8315-c521a5b8932a">Re: How much does it matter if all the groomsmen have the same tux?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to How much does it matter if all the groomsmen have the same tux? : We asked our moms what they wanted.  Florist could either do wrist corsage, pin it on, or they could carry a small bouquet.  Why don't you give them the option?  I think it's nice for the moms (and grandmothers) to have some sort of flowers.
    Posted by JoanE2012[/QUOTE]

<div>This. Some moms and grandmas see this as a big honour. </div><div>
    </div><div>Tuxes definitely don't have to match perfectly.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_how-much-does-it-matter-if-all-the-groomsmen-have-the-same-tux?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e4bf02b8-e791-4669-a560-339ded013711Post:9004be60-96c4-4797-a9d9-62ed96de70da">Re: How much does it matter if all the groomsmen have the same tux?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much does it matter if all the groomsmen have the same tux? : Should they match? Ie: if my mom wants a wrist corsage, does FMIL need one too? Or just give them both what they want?
    Posted by Rachaellennon[/QUOTE]

no, they can both have what they prefer..no biggie.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards