Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Seeking Vegas Pool Advice

This is not for a honeymoon, just vacation with about 10 friends (guys and girls).  I have been to Vegas about 8 times, but have never done the Vegas pool party.  We're staying at Planet Hollywood and there doesn't seem to be much of a pool scene there.  Any advice on pool parties or just awesome pools in Vegas?  We're likely staying away from Rehab at the Hard Rock.  TIA!
Anniversary

Re: Seeking Vegas Pool Advice

• Options
    I love going to Bare at the Mirage
    Dreaming of our Hawaiian honeymoon! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Can you get passes for other hotels' pools?  If so, I enjoyed Mandalay Bay's man made beach.
  • Options
    MGM is awesome! 
  • Options
    Encore Beach Club
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_seeking-vegas-pool-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:a7b9c74a-c0cb-4130-a9a3-e02f6b3e50d8Post:c296a079-5904-4ffc-9a52-5e975aced9d9">Re: Seeking Vegas Pool Advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Can you get passes for other hotels' pools?</strong>  If so, I enjoyed Mandalay Bay's man made beach.
    Posted by MrsGandthebeag[/QUOTE]

I believe with some hotels you can (possibly with a fee) but I think for the majority you need to be a guest of the hotel to use their pools.  But for the actual parties at the pools, I am not sure.  I am thinking that for the pool parties there is a large admission charge for both guests and non-guests

• Options
    Thanks everyone!  Yes some pools let you buy day passes and Maggie is right the pool parties charge a pretty hefty cover charge.  I looked in Marquee Dayclub at the Cosmopolitan, and it looks like a good option.  Or Wet Republic at MGM.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    NYCBride2013NYCBride2013 member
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2013
    I have been to wet republic at MGM.  It's definitely a good time.  There is also Rehab on Sundays at the Hard Rock which is great as well.  I would definitely look into getting the VIP passes or plan to wait quite a bit on line.

ETA: grammar
  • Options
    My sister and I stayed at PH in 2006 and you're right--we took one look at the pool and left.  We snuck into the Mirage.  However, I think they've made it alot harder to do that over the years.

If you're going before October, there is a Groupon right now for cabana rental at Paris--not the most happening scene but renting a cabana would be nice.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/paris-las-vegas

• Options
    I agree with several previous posts, MGM and Wet are great pool parties!
  • Options
    SD210SD210 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    I've always had a great time at the Mirage pool, but get there early because it fills up fast (especially if you are looking for 10 seats all together - - you'd be better off all going in on a Cabana). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My favorite pool area is at MGM Grand because I love their lazy river!

I loved the pools at the Mirage as well with all the waterfalls, but the lazy river at MGM is my #1 pick. The only pool "party" I've been to was at Bare which is more low key.
  • Options
    The tank at the golden nugget on freemont is awesome. Has a shark tank in the middle of the pool and a water slide. Is amazing.
  • Options
    Marquee at Cosmopolitan is amazing!  Favorite Vegas dayclub/pool!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards