Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Photobook Dos and Don'ts

My FI and I have decided to design a photobook for our guestbook. Have any of you had and good or bad personal experiences with any sites (shutterfly/snapfish, etc.)? What size would you suggest and paper type?

Re: Photobook Dos and Don'ts

• ireneT27ireneT27 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2013
    I don't know much about photobook, but I just got recommended by friend last week about an awesome guestbook app for iPad, It's called "Our Guestbook". The app is free to download so you can try it out. You can take videos, audios, and signature with this app. I think I'm going to use this virtual guestbook instead of a traditional kindfor my wedding later just because you will forget about your guestbook and it will end up in your closet without you looking at it again. While if it's on your iPad, you carry it around and show people who came to your wedding.

Just another option for you to think about. Laughing
  • I was very happy with Shuterfly. They have two guest book templates, one traditional and one more modern. I don't recall there being a paper choice. Background colors were a little limited, but I was able to find a combination I liked. There are coupons everywhere, too. Mine was free because someone from my month board had a code she didn't need! I think there are also regular Groupons.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_photobook-dos-and-donts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:145950e0-1727-4104-8309-26b25aa154a7Post:47c9fd73-6fae-4850-9496-bc68c4b53c9f">Re: Photobook Dos and Don'ts</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know much about photobook, but I just got recommended by friend last week about an awesome guestbook app for iPad, It's called "Our Guestbook". The app is free to download so you can try it out. You can take videos, audios, and signature with this app. I think I'm going to use this virtual guestbook instead of a traditional kindfor my wedding later just because you will forget about your guestbook and it will end up in your closet without you looking at it again. While if it's on your iPad, you carry it around and show people who came to your wedding. Just another option for you to think about.
    Posted by ireneT27[/QUOTE]
    Dude, please stop posting about this app. Advertising isn't allowed on these boards.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_photobook-dos-and-donts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:145950e0-1727-4104-8309-26b25aa154a7Post:e44180ea-6393-420f-87ee-c9d4415ce705">Re: Photobook Dos and Don'ts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Photobook Dos and Don'ts : Dude, please stop posting about this app. Advertising isn't allowed on these boards.
    Posted by bakerie[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that it doesn't even sound like that great of an idea. Logistical nightmare.

OP- I have bought photobooks from both Shutterfly and Snapfish, though I didn't use them for a guestbook. I have never had a paper choice. The books always turn out great and turn around is quick. I would try out both sites and see which one you like better. I prefer Shutterfly. The background color choices are huge. If you don't like the suggested ones, you can just click "More Backgrounds" and you can pick from a huge list of styles or just plain colors.

• First that guest book app sounds like a disaster, not everyone has a smart phone. I think I'll go with shutterfly, and there is currently a groupon for a photo book for $10, so I think it's worth a shot. Thanks for the posts!
  • There is also a sale on Shutterfly right now for 40% off photobooks.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_photobook-dos-and-donts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:145950e0-1727-4104-8309-26b25aa154a7Post:5479dea5-3cc5-4502-b652-0e1b29e22aee">Re: Photobook Dos and Don'ts</a>:
    [QUOTE]First that guest book app sounds like a disaster, not everyone has a smart phone. I think I'll go with shutterfly, and there is currently a groupon for a photo book for $10, so I think it's worth a shot. Thanks for the posts!
    Posted by Andama08[/QUOTE]

I went with a Shutterfly photobook. I got a 12x12 size and added 10 extra pages. It cost me $23.  =) I had a 20$ off coupon from Target, for registering there. I also advise, that often if you leave an item in your cart for a few days, Shutterfly e-mails you a 20% off coupon to use, to complete your purchase. A little sneaky trick that I never knew about, but have tired a few times and I've gotten the e-mail 2-3 times already for things. =P I looked over my template a million times, and never even caught that the binding had the temporary names of people on it for the example book. Check the binding to make sure you don't make the same mistake that I made. I don't even remember what page, front or back cover the edit option was, totally overlooked it. So, when it arrived in the mail I looked at the binding and thought, s**t! I plan on getting decorative tape and putting that on the binding so that the names are hidden. I was a little bummed, but for the price, I wasn't about to order a whole new one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I received a coupon for a free photobook from Shutterfly, 8x8 size.  I ordered a photo guest book and it turned out beautifully!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I recently got a groupon for a photo boox with my publisher.  I was able to use the templates but also add my own touch to it.  I spent 9.99 on the groupon and got a 22 page 8x11 book.  I added photos, quotes, little facts about us, etc.  So far I only have the preview to go off of, but it looks great and I am excited to see it "in person" (should be here by Friday!).  I made a different photo book with my publisher last summer and it came out great--good quality and very professional looking so I'm assuming this time around will be no different. 

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards