Not Engaged Yet
Options

OLW

Dear FI,

Ummmmm 10 days? HOLY CRAP, TEN DAYS!!!! Also, I can't wait for Fleetwood Mac tonight <3

Dear Mom, 

Thank you for insisting we get everything done before this week. I'm feeling very unstressed which is pretty awesome! 

Dear NEY,

I love you gals. Thanks for always being there and putting up with me!

Dear Work, 

I just have to get through 6 more days of you and then I'm free for 18 days. IT WILL BE GLORIOUS! 

Re: OLW

• Options
    dear rdr,

10 days?!?!

love,
    Coco

dear Spring,

please quit messing with me and just stick around!  a hard freeze is not good for my lettuce crops!

frozen,
    Coco
  • Options
    Dear RDR and Mr. RDR:
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! 10 Days!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!
    Love,
    The Help
    Dear Bean:
    I'm so proud of your continued hard work. You are a wonderful and studious little fella and you sure do make momma proud.
    Love,
    The chick that feeds you
    Dear self:
    You go the job! You got the job!
    Love,
    Feels good being promoted!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_olw-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:db432679-d16c-469c-9780-bce6668102b5Post:c6e2e58d-eefb-4022-851d-6031d08dda77">Re: OLW</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear RDR and Mr. RDR: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! 10 Days!!!!! I'm so excited for you!! <strong>Love, The Help</strong> ****************************** Dear Bean: I'm so proud of your continued hard work. You are a wonderful and studious little fella and you sure do make momma proud. Love, The chick that feeds you ***************************** Dear self: You go the job! You got the job! Love, Feels good being promoted!
    Posted by beanbot2002[/QUOTE]

<div>You make me smile <3</div>

• Options
    Dear RDR and Mr. Squatch,

M AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!!!!!!! TEN DAYS!!!!!! AHHHHHH

Love,
    Peek and M

--
    Dear BriBQ and Sakaroni,

TEN DAYS!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
    Pee K

--
    Dear Work,

F*ck off.

No Love,
    Coffee Infused.

--
    Dear Bean,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
    Peek
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

rdr- 10 days! OMG so exciting! That's great that you have everything done this week, I bet that makes going into next week a lot more stress free.

Dear client,

I see you are being shady with my candidate and if I find out you are going behind my back to interview him and hire him without paying for my services then I will come at you with a lovely invoice so we can make this easy or difficult. Your choice.

Sincerely,
    Don't mess with me

Dear Mother,

Yay for cooking my fav dinner tonight! I'm so excited to come home and eat all the yummy food! Love you!

Dear Save The Dates,

You look fantastic! I can't wait to send you out this weekend! Yay!

Dear FI,

I'm sorry about your allergies, this pollen is brutal! I hope they go away soon so you're not feeling miserable anymore. Love you!

• Options
    buddysmom80buddysmom80 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2013
    Dear RDR,

10 days from now you'll be married!!!! You're going to be a beautiful bride! Also you're going to have an awesome time on your HM!

Sending you all the hugs!

Buddysmom80

-----------------------------
    Dear mom,

Please please please stop obsessing about our trip. It's not until March of 2014. We have plenty of time to book flights. Please stop asking me the check the on time percentage of Icelandicair or whatever airline you found a deal on. I love you mom, but can we worry about this when I get back from my vacation?

Love,

Your Daughter who is happy we're doing a girl's vacation but pump your brakes kthanx!
    ------------------------------
    Dear Mexico,

Can't wait to see you again, I'm going to drink all week and pass out on your beach and take random walks up and down the beach again. Bueno!

Xoxoxo,

Me
    ---------------------------------
    Dear BF,

Thank you for being such a big help around the house, it helps out so so much. Also please don't reference me to your co-worker's as "your future wife" because I'm not. It makes me really nervous. Use that when we're engaged, thanks. Can't wait for our vacation, a week of just the two of us and not sharing the bed with the dog and cat. I think that's worth the price of vacation alone!

Love,

Your gf
    ------------------------------
    Dear NEYers,

Thanks for being such an awesome, supportive group!

Buddysmom80
    -----------------------------
    Dear Boston,

Where I grew up, everyone's first visit to a big city was NYC. Not for me, my earliest memory was going to the big city of Boston in my parent's diesel Mercedes. I've never seen my dad drive the way he did in Boston. He showed my mom and I around the whole city and took us to all of your awesome museums. When I came back I told everyone NYC sucked and Boston is where it's at. I still hold that true to my heart. I will always love you Boston no matter what and choose you over NYC any time.

Love,

A true New Englander for life!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    Dear rdr,
    Holy sh!tballs this is so exciting!

Love, 
    Tiger

========

Dear bean,
    Holy sh!tballs, that is so exciting!

Love, 
    Tiger

========

Dear JenJen,
    Three days until I AW the sh!t out of my house to you and Mr. JenJen, and then drink all of the wine.

Love,
    Tiger

========

Dear life,
    You pretty much rock right now. Keep it going.

Love,
    Tiger
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_olw-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:db432679-d16c-469c-9780-bce6668102b5Post:c6e2e58d-eefb-4022-851d-6031d08dda77">Re: OLW</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear RDR and Mr. RDR: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! 10 Days!!!!! I'm so excited for you!! Love, The Help ****************************** Dear Bean: I'm so proud of your continued hard work. You are a wonderful and studious little fella and you sure do make momma proud. Love, The chick that feeds you ***************************** <strong>Dear self: You go the job! You got the job! Love, Feels good being promoted!
    </strong>Posted by beanbot2002[/QUOTE]

Dear Bean,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

::hugs!!::,

Buddy

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    Dear rdr,
    10 days!!!!!!! So excited for you, and so excited to crash this one ;-)

Danser

Dear bean,
    Congrats on the new job!!!

Danser55

Dear FI,
    I love our new home I can't wait to start making it our own!! I can't wait to officially move in too!

Love
    FI

Dear NEY,

You guys are awesome.  Thank you for everything and the great friendships I've made.

Danser

Dear wedding venues,

Please get back to me... so we can visit you and pick one for our wedding day.
    Thanks,

Danser

Anniversary

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited April 2013
    Thanks guys :)

Peek -- I can't wait to see you! 

Mholl -- You need to AW your STDs!

Tiger and Jen -- I'm jealous of your G2G! Have a great time :)

Danser -- Which venues are you guys planning to look at?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_olw-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:db432679-d16c-469c-9780-bce6668102b5Post:a6bf1143-9b40-4640-8118-699ade41603d">Re: OLW</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks guys :) Peek -- I can't wait to see you!  Mholl -- You need to AW your STDs! Tiger and Jen -- I'm jealous of your G2G! Have a great time :) Danser -- Which venues are you guys planning to look at?
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

Oh yea I definitely will. They arrived late last night so I will have to post pictures of them after I get home from work.
  • Options
    rdr- we are trying to stay within half an hour of our church so we're going to try to look at Courtyard on Main, American Hotel, Green Acres Country Club, Mercer Oak Golf Course, The Marriot, The Westin.  There are about 24 venues on the list some have already said they don't have our date some we are waiting to hear back from.

Anniversary

• Options
    labrolabro member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_olw-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:db432679-d16c-469c-9780-bce6668102b5Post:d6d83d57-ccbd-4231-a029-c44a5cac6908">Re: OLW</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear Mother, Yay for cooking my fav dinner tonight! I'm so excited to come home and eat all the yummy food! Love you! Posted by mhollister89[/QUOTE]

What's for dinner? Lol I am totally coming over after my run now!

Dear House Under Contract,

I love you so much House! Please please please appraise well and please don't have any scary things going on that show up during the inspection. You are such a beautiful, well-maintained home and I'm counting down the days til our June 3rd closing date so I can move in and get out of my craptastic apartment!

Love,

Your Soon to Be New Owner

• Options
    Dear rdr,

10 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm so excited for you!  There are approximately 353 days until our wedding, haha.  See how much SMALLER 10 days is?!  That's so awesome!!

-B&W

Dear officiants,

Why can't I find any of you in Virginia?  This is weird. 

-B&W

Dear sister,

I'm so excited to see you and go dress shopping soon!!  (okay, still it's after rdr's wedding, but it's exciting!)

-Big sis

Dear self,

2.43 miles last night?  Excellent job!  Keep it up!  Maybe we should actually pay for this 5K we're running in May soon...haha

-Self
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_olw-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:db432679-d16c-469c-9780-bce6668102b5Post:94842d1a-f87b-4756-a9c9-481e966f2a13">Re: OLW</a>:
    [QUOTE]rdr- we are trying to stay within half an hour of our church so we're going to try to look at Courtyard on Main, American Hotel, Green Acres Country Club, Mercer Oak Golf Course, The Marriot, The Westin.  There are about 24 venues on the list some have already said they don't have our date some we are waiting to hear back from.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

<div>Nice! I don't think I looked into any of those. FI's brother got married at the Radisson in Freehold and their wedding was beautiful and the food was fantastic. </div>

• Options
    danser - Did you meet with the church yet? Have you set a date?

rdr - yay ten days! I'm super jealous of you seeing Fleetwood Mac too ;-; I was supposed to next weekend.

Dear BF,

So I got you awesome amazing tickets to see the Doobie Brothers and the Steve Miller Band in Red Rocks. Now I have to wait until July 4th to give them to you. Please don't let me spill the secret 'cause I'm REALLY bad at that. 

All my love,
    Big Mouthed GF

Dear Work,

I can haz Friday now?

No Love,
    It's Nice Outside

Dear Calves,

If you could stop burning, that'd be great. I put Icy Hot on you already and it's very clear you hate me.

Please Stop,
    5k Runner-In-Training
    my blog - for the love of ein
    'Next time, just fart.' - BriSox81
  • Options
    km,

According to my 5K training book, you're supposed to "dynamic stretch" before running and "static stretch" afterwards.  I dunno if it helps for calves, but I haven't had too much lingering pain.  I don't ever complete my runs if I don't down at least half a bottle of water beforehand, though, so I'd recommend staying hydrated.  When's your 5K?!

-B&W
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    Thanks rdr!!! We will probably look at the Radisson in Freehold it's on our list.  Good to know the food was good and you had a great time.

KM- wedding date of 6-14-14

Anniversary

• Options
    BW,

I need to look into some better stretches and whatnot. I have never ran before (had a long post on CC a while back about how I was a former smoker and a lifelong asthmatic) so I'm taking it very, very slowly. I ran my first continuous mile a few days ago. Thank you for the advice, I will check it out! I'm doing the Color Run in my city on June 15th. I'm SOOOO excited.

Love,
    Bad runner

Danser,

Yay! Glad you guys got a date

Love,
    Living Vicariously ;)
  • Options
    KM - my secret calf/shin taming weapons are as follows: Tiger balm and ice packs.  I made my own ice packs by sewing up calf/shin-sized bags in pretty fabric and filling them with rice, closing them up, and putting them in the freezer.  Those bitches are my favorite.

Here is a picture of my favorite recovery method:

(You can see the ice packs behind the wine).

Love,
    Peek
    I french with my man
  • Options
    Dear Self,

Life is pretty much perfect right now. Enjoy every second of it. 

Love,
    Self
    ----------------------

Dear BF,

I know that you've been just as frustrated with your job as I have been with mine for these past few months, and that you also desperately want to find a new one. The fact that you still were over-the-moon happy for me yesterday, and couldn't stop telling me how proud you were of me, is more than I could ask for. I am so lucky to have found someone who is completely supportive of everything I do. Every struggle that we face together just makes me even more grateful to be with you.

Love,
    Goobs

----------------------------------

Dear Bean,

Congrats!!!

Best,
    Hummingbird

-----------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Dear 1 AM,
    Can you and I stop seeing each other now? I mean, 9 nights in a row is enough, isn't it?
    No love,
    Cough-induced insomniac
    ===
    Dear afghan-in-progress,
    I have ripped out your border 3 times now. Can this pattern be the charm that makes you lay flat and actually have corners?
    Love,
    Crocheter
    ===
    Dear rdr,
    Yay! 10 days! Hope they're as stress-free as possible!
    ===
    Dear Bean,
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Peek,

I shall learn to sew. The thing I hate about ice packs (anything other than frozen peas) is that they don't conform. So R-ice packs I shall make! And wine will soon follow. Thank you for the idea :)

Love,
    Bad Wino Runner

Dear other runners,

I get terrible, terrible oxygen headaches for about an hour after I run. Any way to beat this? It's the only thing keeping me back from going out every single day.

Love,
    Lightheaded
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_olw-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:db432679-d16c-469c-9780-bce6668102b5Post:a6d10521-6e0a-410e-ae66-4fd3726542ef">Re: OLW</a>:
    [QUOTE]danser - Did you meet with the church yet? Have you set a date? rdr - yay ten days! I'm super jealous of you seeing Fleetwood Mac too ;-; I was supposed to next weekend. Dear BF, So I got you awesome amazing tickets to see the Doobie Brothers and the <strong>Steve Miller Band</strong> in Red Rocks. Now I have to wait until July 4th to give them to you. Please don't let me spill the secret 'cause I'm REALLY bad at that.  All my love, Big Mouthed GF Dear Work, I can haz Friday now? No Love, It's Nice Outside Dear Calves, If you could stop burning, that'd be great. I put Icy Hot on you already and it's very clear you hate me. Please Stop, 5k Runner-In-Training
    Posted by kmbryant2413[/QUOTE]

I saw them in concert for the 1st time about 5 years ago! It was sooo much fun! I love Steve Miller Band!
  • Options
    Dear RDR,

OMG 10 DAYYYSSSS!! I can't wait. I am so excited to celebrate with you. It gets dusty in here every time I think about how happy I am for you & Seanypoo!! :-)

Love you,
    Sisser

Dear BF,

Thank you for being amazing. I love living with you, and I love our little family. I'm so glad you're the love of my life.

Love, always & forever.
    GF

Dear Sakalicious & Peek,

I can't wait to drink ALL.THE.WINE. with you biitches in 10 dayssss!!

Love,
    BriBQ

Dear Liv,

I love you. That's all.

Love,
    Spicebush

Dear Bean,

CONGRATSSSS!!!

Love you!!
    BriBQ

Dear potential employer,

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HIRE ME.

That is all. I ain't too proud to beg.

Love,
    The perfect person for the job

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    OH, I forgot one.

Dear Shin-splint sufferers,

A trick I discovered in high school when I had a stress fracture in my tibia and have used ever since - buy the little Dixie cups, like for the bathroom, fill them with water, and freeze them. Then rub them up & down your shins - they will conform to the shin as they melt, and you can peel the cup away as you go.

Just offering up another option for my fellow shitttty shinners!!

LOVEEEEE,
    Dr. BriSox

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    Bri!

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNE

Love,
    Peek
    I french with my man
  • Options
    Dear Bri, 

I'm sending all of my leftover good-luck-vibes your way! 

Job hunting blows,
    Hummingbird

------------------

Dear BF's friends,

PLEEEAAASE come to our Kentucky Derby Party. I want to have lots of booze and lots of food and lots of lawn games. But that will only happen if we have lots of people. This means you. Be there.

I love throwing parties too much,
    J
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_olw-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:db432679-d16c-469c-9780-bce6668102b5Post:dc3d7025-6420-4cbb-b2c3-d4d2b244ff4a">Re: OLW</a>:
    [QUOTE]Peek, I shall learn to sew. The thing I hate about ice packs (anything other than frozen peas) is that they don't conform. So R-ice packs I shall make! And wine will soon follow. Thank you for the idea :) Love, Bad Wino Runner <strong>Dear other runners, I get terrible, terrible oxygen headaches for about an hour after I run. Any way to beat this? It's the only thing keeping me back from going out every single day. Love, Lightheaded</strong>
    Posted by kmbryant2413[/QUOTE]

<div>How do you know they are oxygen headaches? I get really bad headaches if I run and haven't had enough water. They can turn into migraines if I'm not careful. Maybe you aren't hydrated enough, so try drinking some more water throughout the day when you know you're going to run.</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA:</div><div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_olw-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:db432679-d16c-469c-9780-bce6668102b5Post:d652166c-ac6d-42ec-bbd7-1487060d4166">Re: OLW</a>:
    [QUOTE]WHERE IS MY DARN POST?!
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]
    </div><div>
    </div><div>TK is taking forever to post today... Boo hiss.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_olw-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:db432679-d16c-469c-9780-bce6668102b5Post:3b8d1c62-2462-41ac-81cc-1dec10c1fbb0">Re: OLW</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OLW : How do you know they are oxygen headaches? I get really bad headaches if I run and haven't had enough water. They can turn into migraines if I'm not careful. Maybe you aren't hydrated enough, so try drinking some more water throughout the day when you know you're going to run.
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't know. I just assumed since I can do other highly aerobic activities (dance routines, running on a treadmill inside) that don't cause the same thing. I figured it just had to do with 'outside'. I will certainly drink more water, I need to anyways. Thanks for the tip :)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards