Snarky Brides
Options

Monday

Good morning!! Happy Monday!!

Ive been up since 7am. I have a job interview in about 40 minutes. I woke up super early so I wouldnt feel so rushed. It worked. Ive already taken a shower, ate some breakfast, got dressed, watched the news, did my hair and now Im going to finish up my make up then head out.

Wish me luck! Ill be back to let you all know how it went.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Monday

• Options
    Good morning ladies! Good luck Sierra! I'm having a good hair day too, it's funny how that can make your day better. I got my hair done on Saturday, so the crazy straightening usually lasts a couple of days. FI left again this morning, so I'm debating on doing a yoga class tonight. I'm still feeling a little off, so I'm going to wait and see.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Sierra, best of luck on your interview!
  • Options
    Good morning(ish) ladies!

Woke up late, having an OK hair day...just did my trusty hair twist and side messy bun and BAM off to work I go! That is what I get for doing the "just 5 more minutes" dance this morning. So, I only got to take a shower and didn't wash my hair...oh well! 

Went to a Bridal Show yesterday, it was kind of awful. Majority of the vendors there were for things that I already have setup(DJ, Cake, etc). I took someone's advice and made a wedding gmail and gave that out to vendors so I didn't have to deal with spam.

Happy Monday!

V|V TSP V|V Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck Sierra!!!

Angel--I have the same problem working out, but when I do decide to go I'm always so glad I did! That's why I like classes so much...it motivates me so much more.

Spin class tonight! Had a great day yesterday at a bridal expo with a friend and birthday dinner to celebrate my and FMIL's bdays. Looking forward to my day off Wed!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    Good luck Sierra! (p.s. I love you new sig gif!) 

It's a normal hair day for me. My hair is pin straight and basically does nothing. Therefore, it looks the same as usual, lol. My hair has gotten so long though. I was growing it out for our wedding (July of last year) and I haven't cut it since last June. I just keep forgetting to make an appointment. 

The forecast for this week is beautiful! It's really brightening my spirits. Also, tomorrow is FREE CONE DAY at Ben & Jerry's! H and I very excited :) 

http://www.benjerry.com/ (find the nearest one to you!)
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    Tarra - you have PM!
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Hey ladies! I went to my interview. It went really well. I will know by Wednesday if they plan on hiring me. Its for a front desk/receptionist position.

I just found out that multiple people did not receive the bridal shower invites that one of my BMs sent out. Ive had like 5 phone calls of "well, why did so and so get one, but I didnt?" Uhh, IDK?! You were on the guest list. So, my BM is contacting these people and a lot of them DID get the invite, and just didnt respond by the requested RSVP date. Ugh. If this is how the RSVP process for the wedding is going to go, Im doomed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sierra, I'm happy your interview went well! It's nice that you will find out quickly if you got the job. Waiting around for answer is the worst.

That's strange about your bridal shower invites, but friends and family shouldn't really be contacting you about it since you aren't hosting it. I hope it all gets worked out. 

• Options
    tlc35tlc35 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Good afternoon. Good luck on the job interview Sierra. I love when they straighten my hair at the salon. I can never do as good a job myself though I rarely bother. I got called into work late last night no I work up late thus no shower and a ponytail day!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_monday-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3a2d03ae-af8d-4be2-8f86-548d9421aa0aPost:b9021acb-5376-4aac-b2f0-ab6ae3d81425">Re: Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sierra, I'm happy your interview went well! It's nice that you will find out quickly if you got the job. Waiting around for answer is the worst. <strong>That's strange about your bridal shower invites, but friends and family shouldn't really be contacting you about it since you aren't hosting it. I hope it all gets worked out. </strong>
    Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]

Oh I know, but apparently nobody else knows that. All questions get directed to me and I direct them to my BM that sent the invites. FI's SM got really mad at me a few weeks ago because I didnt know anything about the shower (where it was or what time). I told her to ask FSIL because she is a BM and will know, but she still continued to question me about it. & then got mad because a few people she wanted to invite were not on the list. I dont even know these people!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Glad you interview went well Sierra. Agreed, waiting around is the worst! Good thing you only have a couple days to wait it out.

Buzz--oh my goodness I wish I could go that long without a haircut! It would save me so much money...The longest I can ever go is 8 weeks tops. It doesn't grow that fast I just feel like it needs some rehab! I start work at 7am so everyday is usually a pony day for me as I shower at night and get ridiculous bed head!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Fingers crossed Sierra!

It was beautiful here, but now the sun went away and its supposed to start raining which is making me all blah!

On a positive note, I told FI that we need to do some wedding stuff this week. So we're going to look at wedding rings on Wednesday and then doing our registry on Sunday. Yay for progress!

• Options

I'm glad your interview went well today Sierra!

I'm all sorts of a wet blanket today, unfortunately.  My back is flaring up something aweful, which forces me to take pain medicine that I absolutely hate (causes side effects like mood swings and irregular heartbeat).  I also didn't get much sleep last night because of it.

We're still waiting with baited breath today on wether or not my H got the job we've been waiting 3 months for.  This is killin me!  If the guy pushes us off for more time again, I'm going to lose my mind.

Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    Fingers crossed for the new job, Sierra!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Thanks for your support ladies! I really appreciate it!

Angel...have fun with your wedding planning this week! Where are you going to register?

Pele...best of luck with Hs new job opportunity!! I hope you hear something soon. I dunno how you could stand waiting that long to find out!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Pele, I feel you! FI has been waiting to get his own store for over a year now and it makes me nuts! They finally offered him one last month and it's over 3 hours away,so we had to turn it down. Now back to the waiting game. Sierra, registering up here (Canada) kinda stinks! There's only like 5 stores that have registries: Crate and Barrel (over an hour away from where we live), BBB, Home outfitters like BBB, but more selection), Sears and The Bay (crazy expensive). We had narrowed it do to Sears, because it's close to our house. But I went in there last weekend their selection sucks! So I think we're doing home outfitters, since we didn't see much we'd need at BBB. I really had no idea this was going to be such a thing!

• Options
    Glad your interview went well Sierra, and hope you get hired. I'll be going for an interview tomorrow morning as well, so hopefully it goes well. Just planning on what to wear and straightening my hair tonight so I'll be ready tomorrow. :D

I'm hoping that once the interview is done I can get my hair cut, or at least make an appointment
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• Options
    Good luck! I hope you get it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards