Not Engaged Yet

How was your weekend?

How was yours? 
Mine was good but exhausting. I need a weekend to recover from it too. I am so tired I need more sleep, oh well. 

Friday night I was at the theater running concessions, the show they are running now is amazing!!! I loved it.  I came home and relaxed with FI after that.

Saturday we were up early, went to the house moved in some more stuff and began painting we did the trim throughout most of the house which was good.  We got our new fridge and dishwasher and they are awesome!! We met my family for dinner to celebrate my niece's birthday we asked her to be our flower girl. She was so excited, it's a bit early I know but she kept asking other family members if she was going to be flower girl.  My family came by to see our house for the first time, they loved it.  My dad was in awe over it and so proud of what I've accomplished in life.  FI & I went back home to crash.

Sunday we were up early again, FI's parent's came by for the day to help us do stuff around the house.  We redid somethings in the basement, we painted our master bedroom. the color is Behr rejuvenate.  We painted most of the entertainment room.  It looks great. So excited.  I also met a friend in the middle of the day to go over to a bridal show, mostly to look at a venue since it was right by our church, unfortunately they are already booked our date.  I also had rehearsal at night.  I'm so tired but it was so much fun being in the house.  I can't wait until we move in this weekend!

Anniversary

Re: How was your weekend?

• danser - have you finished all the painting, or do you still have a lot more to do?  we need to do some painting this year.  it's hard to get H to do it, and I can't do it alone!

this weekend we did a lot of yard work and stuff in the veggie garden.  I bought my first round of tomato plants (all different kinds!).  we trimmed up all the bushes, dug out an old dying tree and starting replacing it with a new red bud.  I hoed the garden yesterday to prep it for the new tomato plants.  I am pretty worn out!
  • Danser- Sounds like you had a very busy weekend! I bet that feels good to get a lot of things done around the house. FI is in the process of getting some things done with his new place and we still have so much left to do. 

My weekend was pretty busy and the weather was really icky. Friday I went over to a friend's house and we made chili for our chili cook-off. The chili was fabulous! I wanted to eat it all! I ended up getting home pretty late so I slept in Saturday morning which never happens! It was lovely.

Saturday was the cook off and we didn't win but our crock pot was cleaned out by the tasters. Then we all went out for lunch at the sports bar down the streets to watch our Braves get killed again. FI and I finished up our registry at Macy's and then he decided that he wanted to register at Home Depot so we went to Home Depot. 

Sunday we had church and we ran errands all day and spent way too much money. This week is pretty relaxing which I'm really happy about. I need a week with nothing to do after these past few months of running around everywhere.

Tonight is the only busy night and we get to eat some cake samples from our baker so I'm pretty excited about that.
  • Danser-sounds like everything is coming along with the new house! I wanted to paint before we moved into our home, but I was in such a rush to move in that I didn't do it. It has to be so much easier! We're going to paint our bedroom this fall then the kitchen and living room. I still haven't decided what to paint the bedroom or living room yet but I have the kitchen all picked out.

Coco-I can't wait to start a vegetable garden, we're going to start one next year when we landscape the backyard. I may buy a few jalapeno plants though and put them in containers since we usually eat something once a week that has jalapenos in it. BF also bought a grill rack that you can put stuffed jalapenos in and grill it. He can't wait to try it out.

Hollister-I didn't even know Home Depot did a registry until now! That's our favorite store!

This weekend was pretty slow. Friday night BF and I hung around and watched TV. Saturday I had an eye doctor appointment where he adjusted my prescription in my contacts and also gave me the right brand of contacts (I told him the wrong brand I was wearing and didn't realize it until later). After that I had my hair done. Funny story, earlier in the morning (around 9am) BF called and I thought he told me we were going over to his old roommate's house for dinner, drinks and games. The reception on his cell phone at work is horrible and that's not what he told me. His friends were coming over our house. 

When I got home from my hair appointment I mowed the yarn and did some yardwork, then hung around and watched TV. BF calls me at 5pm and goes: "oh do you have a blender for margaritas or whatever?" I tell him yes, and do we need to bring it over to his friend's house. He says "No, they're coming over here at 6pm, I told you this morning". I hung up and did a mad dash to clean the house in an hour which is a new record for me.

His friends came over, we drank a lot and played Apples to Apples. Sunday morning we decided to FINALLY order Cards Against Humanity. I'm hoping we get them by the weekend so we can have some people over to play. BF already wants to buy the expansion packs. We did some shopping on Sunday and then I did laundry, more yardwork and cleaned my car.

Overall it was a very productive weekend, but for some reason, I was glad to be at work today.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • We still have the rest of the entertainment room to paint, it's 3/4 of the way done and we want to paint the kitchen.  We don't have to have the kitchen painted before we move in but it would help.  There are a few areas of trim around the house we will want to retouch of course, but that can all be done once we are in the house.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_how-was-your-weekend-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:044c9b66-96ed-4624-a950-f81103ba0900Post:94dd9793-3365-437f-ad86-c1f678c56d9f">Re: How was your weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Danser-sounds like everything is coming along with the new house! I wanted to paint before we moved into our home, but I was in such a rush to move in that I didn't do it. It has to be so much easier! We're going to paint our bedroom this fall then the kitchen and living room. I still haven't decided what to paint the bedroom or living room yet but I have the kitchen all picked out. Coco-I can't wait to start a vegetable garden, we're going to start one next year when we landscape the backyard. I may buy a few jalapeno plants though and put them in containers since we usually eat something once a week that has jalapenos in it. BF also bought a grill rack that you can put stuffed jalapenos in and grill it. He can't wait to try it out. Hollister<strong>-I didn't even know Home Depot did a registry until now</strong>! That's our favorite store! This weekend was pretty slow. Friday night BF and I hung around and watched TV. Saturday I had an eye doctor appointment where he adjusted my prescription in my contacts and also gave me the right brand of contacts (I told him the wrong brand I was wearing and didn't realize it until later). After that I had my hair done. Funny story, earlier in the morning (around 9am) BF called and I thought he told me we were going over to his old roommate's house for dinner, drinks and games. The reception on his cell phone at work is horrible and that's not what he told me. His friends were coming over our house.  When I got home from my hair appointment I mowed the yarn and did some yardwork, then hung around and watched TV. BF calls me at 5pm and goes: "oh do you have a blender for margaritas or whatever?" I tell him yes, and do we need to bring it over to his friend's house. He says "No, they're coming over here at 6pm, I told you this morning". I hung up and did a mad dash to clean the house in an hour which is a new record for me. His friends came over, we drank a lot and played Apples to Apples. Sunday morning we decided to FINALLY order <strong>Cards Against Humanity</strong>. I'm hoping we get them by the weekend so we can have some people over to play. BF already wants to buy the expansion packs. We did some shopping on Sunday and then I did laundry, more yardwork and cleaned my car. Overall it was a very productive weekend, but for some reason, I was glad to be at work today.
    Posted by buddysmom80[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I didn't know we could register there either until FI told me we could LOL. His stepmom told us she wanted to host a "tool and kitchen" shower so FI wanted to register at either Lowes or Home Depot. Lowes doesn't do bridal registries but Home Depot had kind of an old school way where you write down the item code and everything. It took us a while but it was fun.</div><div>
    </div><div>I love love love Cards Against Humanity. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard playing a game in my life. So much fun!

</div>
  • I bought a car! I literally got the first one I saw, but it met all of my requirements and the price was right. It's a 2006 Hyundai Elantra. It has a sunroof (yay!), and it's black (double yay!). I have to drive out to Long Island with BF at 11 to pick it up and bring it home :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I worked all weekend - we had days 1 and 2 of our conference.  I'm on day 3.

Saturday went as well as could be expected.  I had a girl from my troop come help, and she was horrible.  Falling asleep at the table, snapping at attendees.  I was incredibly embarrassed when more than one person asked me what was up with her.  Ex-boss sent a nasty email to the board, so that was fun.  

Sunday I was on damage control, and it went really well.  I mingled with attendees and guests at our reception, had some wine, and ended up at M's for snuggles.

Dr. I Don't Understand Google is on my last nerve, but I'll survive.  I just have lunch today, two more sessions, banquet dinner, and then a catered breakfast over on the Hill in the morning, and I'm DONE.

Wednesday, I'll be at the DMV, and then I'm sleeping until Rach's wedding.
    I french with my man
  • danser - it must be nice to get most of the house stuff out of the way before you move all of your stuff in!

coco- I can't wait to (eventually...) make a veggie garden! I'd rather know where my food is coming from that going to the grocery store and spending a redonk amoount of money on wholesome food.

Mhollister- now I want some chili :( It's so good! I feel like you would have had to try to make chili bad.

buddysmom - wow that's a fast clean up! I try to choose 1or 2 rooms a week and clean it over the course of a few days so that it's not a full day of cleaning. I found that I like the way it works out.

Friday night I hung out at work for a few drinks in our "cube lounge" tha some of the dudes here created. Saturday I worked all morning until 3 pm (they were trying to cut hours but they were too busy for me to leave early! boo) and then I relaxed at home for the rest of the night. Yesterday I did my first 5K ever, which also happened to be my first race of any kind! I haven't had time to train in the past few weeks because work's been so busy, but I came in at 36:52 WITH HILLS!! I totally thought it was going to be 40mins+

Now my calves and quads and back hurt like the dickens!
  • Sounds like you all had some busy weekends!  Mine was relatively quiet.  I spent Friday night tidying up and running errands, then BF and I had a quiet dinner at home.  We went to a Bon Jovi concert the night before so we were a little tired!  Saturday we had a 75th anniversary party for BF's step-grandparents--it was so nice to see them celebrate such a tremendous milestone :)  Sunday I went to the mall, went to lunch, took a nice long walk, and did some grocery shopping.  I'm a real wild woman...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Danser - Wow, you got a lot done this weekend!

Buddysmom - I love Cards Against Humanity! Have you ever played Fluxx? BF and I love the Monty Python edition. Guillotine is awesome too.

I didn't get anything accomplished. Par for the course, I guess. BF and I played Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4; that was a lot of fun. I should be a better grownup than I am, but the health insurance issues really have me bummed out and it's like I've finally lost all ability to function. Virtual drinks/hugs?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_how-was-your-weekend-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:044c9b66-96ed-4624-a950-f81103ba0900Post:f767eac3-0b92-428d-985e-6320ebf65c5e">Re: How was your weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]danser - it must be nice to get most of the house stuff out of the way before you move all of your stuff in! coco- I can't wait to (eventually...) make a veggie garden! I'd rather know where my food is coming from that going to the grocery store and spending a redonk amoount of money on wholesome food. Mhollister- <strong>now I want some chili :( It's so good! I feel like you would have had to try to make chili bad.</strong> buddysmom - wow that's a fast clean up! I try to choose 1or 2 rooms a week and clean it over the course of a few days so that it's not a full day of cleaning. I found that I like the way it works out. Friday night I hung out at work for a few drinks in our "cube lounge" tha some of the dudes here created. Saturday I worked all morning until 3 pm (they were trying to cut hours but they were too busy for me to leave early! boo) and then I relaxed at home for the rest of the night. Yesterday I did my first 5K ever, which also happened to be my first race of any kind! I haven't had time to train in the past few weeks because work's been so busy, but I came in at 36:52 WITH HILLS!! I totally thought it was going to be 40mins+ Now my calves and quads and back hurt like the dickens!
    Posted by sydaries[/QUOTE]

<div>Unfortunately, there was some chili there that tasted pretty bad lol. I think it had to do with lack of flavoring....IDK. All I know is that we added beer and whiskey in ours and I think that's really what made it. We had a man walk up to us and ask if there was booze in it and I said yes and he asked if it was whiskey. I don't know if that meant there was too much but I was impressed either way lol. </div>
  • My weekend was pretty chill, just the way I like em!

Friday, we met with a DJ that we didn't end up going with (we put our retainer down for another DJ today!)  Then we hung out at the woodworking store and got dinner before heading back home.  Mainly to avoid rush hour traffic, but I got a book about making your own chess set and it sounds amazing (I might be done in about 12 years, so don't get your hopes up!)

Saturday, we mainly chilled.  Did some yardwork, laid out in the sun.  I actually got some color, which is pretty surprising given it was only like 75 degrees.  I'll take it.  We also steamed crabs (our first of the season) so that was pretty tasty too.

Sunday, I tutored SAT kids, but it was pretty fun.  And then I came home and we watched baseball and ate dinner (cream of crab soup).
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • A friend of the family on FI's side hosted a shower for me Saturday. It was so much fun and I was completely spoiled. I can't believe how generous everyone was! The most special part of the day - FI's Aunt flew in to surprise me! I couldn't believe she came all the way from SD just for my shower. We ended up spending then entire weekend with her and FI's parents. I didn't get ANYTHING done, but we had a blast and I can't believe how lucky I am.

On another note, FI and I watched The Impossible last night (rented from Redbox). It was a good movie...but also somewhat horrifying too. The story follows a family vacationing in Thailand when the Tsunami hit. There were many parts that were really hard for me to watch. The story was really touching (based on a real familie's experiences) though. Just one of those things that makes you terribly sad, but at the same time makes you so incredibly thankful for all that you have.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_how-was-your-weekend-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:044c9b66-96ed-4624-a950-f81103ba0900Post:fcc967ba-60b0-48de-8895-adc2fc90f90e">Re: How was your weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How was your weekend? : Unfortunately, there was some chili there that tasted pretty bad lol. I think it had to do with lack of flavoring....IDK. All I know is that we added beer and whiskey in ours and I think that's really what made it. We had a man walk up to us and ask if there was booze in it and I said yes and <strong>he asked if it was whiskey. I don't know if that meant there was too much but I was impressed either way lol. </strong>
    Posted by mhollister89[/QUOTE]

It just meant he was Irish and excited ;)<div>
    </div><div>Friday I hung out with BF all afternoon. We ran errands and were a little stressed, but it was with each other, not at each other. We get so busy during weekends it was nice to just spend some time. We went out to eat and had a surprise party for his sister.</div><div>
    </div><div>Saturday We slept in a little (until 9 :/), did some cleaning, had a great lunch, and played a bunch of Halo. My allergies were bad so I couldn't go outside.</div><div>
    </div><div>Sunday we went hiking in the Canyon with puppy (~7 miles). It was hot and we go sunburnt and my allergies were so awful I could hardly stand it. It was still great, though. We came back and had a sunburn nap, ordered a pizza, and fell asleep together.</div><div>
    </div><div>All the allergy nonsense is because in about an hour I have an allergist appointment with the scratch test, so I've had to be off antihistamines all weekend. It's been tres miserable. But then I'll get allergy shots and no more allergies! YAY!!</div>
    my blog - for the love of ein
    'Next time, just fart.' - BriSox81
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_how-was-your-weekend-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:044c9b66-96ed-4624-a950-f81103ba0900Post:fcc967ba-60b0-48de-8895-adc2fc90f90e">Re: How was your weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How was your weekend? : Unfortunately, there was some chili there that tasted pretty bad lol. I think it had to do with lack of flavoring....IDK. <strong>All I know is that we added beer and whiskey in ours and I think that's really what made it</strong>. We had a man walk up to us and ask if there was booze in it and I said yes and he asked if it was whiskey. I don't know if that meant there was too much but I was impressed either way lol. 
    Posted by mhollister89[/QUOTE]

Did they like not even put in a McCormick chili packet? C'mon! BUt, the beer and whiskey is now on my to-try list!
  • Danser, I am in the same boat you are. My bed is calling my name.

Friday night we went out for FI's grandma's 95th birthday. After that we just went home and I think I passed out on the couch at 10.

Saturday we started the day early by painting our bedroom. For the last 3.5 years the walls only had white primer on it to remove the smoke smell from the old owners. It took us all day due to the texture in the walls and one wall we still need to finish.

I also bartended from 9:30 p.m. to 3 am on Saturday. I woke up on Sunday and could barely move.

Sunday we didn't do a whole lot. Played out in the yard with the pups and grilled out.

• Danser - oh my word, you got a lot done. I wish we'd been channeling you when we moved my mom into her new house a few weeks ago!

Buddysmom, etc. - can I be real? I don't know what Cards Against Humanity is. Will someone please enlighten me, because it sounds like fun!

I worked two twelve-hour shifts this weekend; I work at a small inpatient hospice unit. We had a relatively low census, though, so it was a pretty relaxed weekend and we were able to really give the patients and their families a lot of attention. It was also nice because one patient's family had organized a car show for him in the parking lot - he looooves classic cars, but due to his illness he is no longer able to attend shows. His wife organized their family/friends to drive their own classic cars over to the unit, one of the ladies I work with bought some ice cream for everyone, and he got to go outside in the wheelchair and visit and see the cars. So that was a great day, the kind that makes this work totally worth it :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_how-was-your-weekend-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:044c9b66-96ed-4624-a950-f81103ba0900Post:48c4a065-d131-4ea3-a16e-2e31b6bc529b">Re: How was your weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Danser - oh my word, you got a lot done. I wish we'd been channeling you when we moved my mom into her new house a few weeks ago! Buddysmom, etc. - can I be real? I don't know what <strong>Cards Against Humanity</strong> is. Will someone please enlighten me, because it sounds like fun! I worked two twelve-hour shifts this weekend; I work at a small inpatient hospice unit. We had a relatively low census, though, so it was a pretty relaxed weekend and we were able to really give the patients and their families a lot of attention. It was also nice because one patient's family had organized a car show for him in the parking lot - he looooves classic cars, but due to his illness he is no longer able to attend shows. His wife organized their family/friends to drive their own classic cars over to the unit, one of the ladies I work with bought some ice cream for everyone, and he got to go outside in the wheelchair and visit and see the cars. So that was a great day, the kind that makes this work totally worth it :)
    Posted by Amapola14[/QUOTE]

<div>It's like Apples to Apples, only significantly darker. Really really dark humor.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards