Wedding Etiquette Forum

FFF/LFF

13»

Re: FFF/LFF

• LFF: all the awesome ladies with great helpful ideas on here who are in no way judgy of budgetary constraints (I get it now, everyone has them!). Everyone deserves to celebrate with their loved ones and have an awesome wedding, whatever that means to them. A plated 3 course meal does not = a better wedding than a cake and punch reception. Its about the love and the celebration.

FFF: two receptions, destination wedding with reception at home later, etc. What part of ONE celebration is so hard to get? Invite those who mean the most to you and host them within your means. Seriously. Your situation is not different. One wedding ladies.

Happy Friday vibes to all the ladies on TK!!
  • In Response to Re:FFF/LFF:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF/LFF:In Response to Re: FFF/LFF : Seriously. nbsp;Mine would have eaten the cupcakes and the paper and have licked the tray to death by now. nbsp;Posted by TXKristan
    Hell, even I would have done that by now. Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

Me too!!!!
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• I LFF lyndausvi for giving me a nice answer to a question I asked.  Thanks!
  • Thanks TXKristan! This board's always fun to read! 

Ooooh there is one that I really wanted to flame a few weeks ago: Rachel's jerk fbrother in law and wife who insisted on their precious snokeflakes coming to the wedding even though she told them over and over again, NO KIDS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-108?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7b8fd8f1-3c56-4a7b-9528-f7b31c25b538Post:4dcb2dad-29cc-4b1a-bbac-ca5861d0da10">Re: FFF/LFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I LFF lyndausvi for giving me a nice answer to a question I asked.  Thanks!
    Posted by Jen4948[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I gave a nice answer?   Which one?</div><div>
    </div><div>You are welcome.</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-108?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7b8fd8f1-3c56-4a7b-9528-f7b31c25b538Post:b8df2dd3-d7e5-4b9e-8e61-d58935568ddc">Re: FFF/LFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF/LFF : I gave a nice answer?   Which one? You are welcome.
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

In a thread I started a few days ago.
  • A little late:

big top cupcake
    Anniversary
  • BostonGIrl4732 in response to that thread - Ewwwe that dress is hideous! I feel bad for that poor friend who isn't even WP
  • Yum! I want some cake! Does that make me a "Cake Eater?"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-108?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7b8fd8f1-3c56-4a7b-9528-f7b31c25b538Post:94d3dc46-4cf9-4af3-96f6-52e4eaf32b66">Re: FFF/LFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF/LFF : Seriously.  Mine would have eaten the cupcakes (and the paper) and have licked the tray to death by now.  
    Posted by TXKristan[/QUOTE]

I think the cruelest thing was that the poor dog is named Stains: <a href="http://youtu.be/sp_WV91jx8E" rel="nofollow">http://youtu.be/sp_WV91jx8E</a>

• Awwwe! Sad!
  • I want to send some love to the Crazy Head that started the bridesmaid-fingernail-drama-extravaganza because without that insanity to start, we never would've had the muppet thread and it was awesome.

Sending love back to everybody for keeping me occupied this week. You guys are awesome.

Flaming my future aunt-in-law (if that's a thing) for dissing me (behind my back) for using labels for the invitations. I am so tempted to call her to fully explain the situation ("See, my grandmother had become terminally ill and I knew I wasn't able to focus on the task and hand and your nephew surely cannot write anything legibly so we chose to make beautiful address labels in hopes of getting these invitations out before anything tragic occured so that our guests would have ample time to RSVP.") I won't, because I have class (or something) but oooooooh I'm mad about it. STFU lady. It's the same woman who was mortally offended that her future daughter in law politely declined to wear her wedding dress. From her wedding in the 1970s. With a hoop skirt.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-108?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7b8fd8f1-3c56-4a7b-9528-f7b31c25b538Post:f2e27e18-ee45-4335-91d2-96bdf752b878">Re: FFF/LFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF/LFF : Yaay! I very patiently wait to see if I will someday be matched. I've been in the NMR for two years now, but it's something that's constantly in the back of my head.
    Posted by kmbryant2413[/QUOTE]

Ugh, me too. I want to donate bone marrow so badly, but alas, no call yet. I need to go donate blood again, but the phlebotomist last time straight-face lied to me about the state of my veins to cover for another employee at the main Red Cross office here. My veins are big and juicy, woman, not little. A big part of my job involves finding and accessing veins -- I think I know a thing or two about the quality of my veins.

• FFF to anyone who wants to invite people to a shower, but not the wedding. I just don't get it. You can't host them at the wedding, but you would make your mom, bridal party, or whoever is hosting your shower spend money and space on them? I'd cite a specific thread, but I feel like there's at least 5 of them going at any point.
  • Oooh I totally get that! Rude! Good enough for gifts but not the actual wedding! Is there a cute little rhyming poem to go with that?
  • Got one!

Spend an hour at my shower,
    and cover me with your presents,
    but at at my wedding you won't be present,
    because we'd rather have our lobster,
    if you're mad we'll hire a mobster

:P
  • I just have add one more thank you and this one's to tarra--what you said is so nice to hear.
    I'll repeat myself:  You are all awesome!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-108?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7b8fd8f1-3c56-4a7b-9528-f7b31c25b538Post:11bfc5d8-1c25-4f7e-a854-a1134573693f">Re: FFF/LFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Got one! Spend an hour at my shower, and cover me with your presents, but at at my wedding you won't be present, because we'd rather have our lobster, if you're mad we'll hire a mobster :P
    Posted by Amyzen83[/QUOTE]

Hahaha! You need to save this and use it the next time someone comes on the board asking about this.
  • Ok! Will do :D
  • arendivaarendiva member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Can I LFF TXKristan for this GIF

That cat is identical to my cat (like even the random white hairs match) and I'm stoked to now have a GIF of my pet Cleocatra
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:FFF/LFF:[QUOTE]I flame people that bring up bad decisions over and over, then tell us we're mean because we tell other people to ignore their advice because it's offetiquette.

I flame the person IRL that told me I'd regret going platinum blond. I love it and it's my hair. None of her business. You can call me Khaleesi now.

I flame all the people that get so wrapped up in their wedding that it's the end of the world if their WP do NOT look like clones. WTHeck are they going to do after the wedding? That's why I hang around, to pass on any advice and help people not ruin their relationships over nail polish.

I LFF Muppet, Pele, Stage, TXK, and km. You guys are making me smile and laugh on the regular and I got mad 3 for you guys.

I LFF KnotIrene for being so awesome and interactive. I can tell you care about fostering our community AND being good at your job, which is a lot to care about. : Posted by tarradesign[/QUOTE]

Aww Tarra, you make me laugh all the time too! LF right back atcha!
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Love the name Cleocatra Lmao. Amazing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards