Florida-West Coast

Tradewinds Resort - St Pete's Beach

Hello--

We are looking at having our family friendly wedding at the Tradewinds Resort in St Pete's Beach.  We travelled there from Canada in 2011 (staying at neighboring resort Sirata) and loved the area.  Does anyone have any information (besides what's on the website) regarding weddings there?  Do room prices improve when you book (we noticed they were much higher than expected)?  Input and Reviews are welcomed.

Cheers!

Re: Tradewinds Resort - St Pete's Beach

• In Response to Tradewinds Resort - St Pete's Beach:
    [QUOTE]Hello-- We are looking at having our family friendly wedding at the Tradewinds Resort in St Pete's Beach.  We travelled there from Canada in 2011 (staying at neighboring resort Sirata) and loved the area.  Does anyone have any information (besides what's on the website) regarding weddings there?  Do room prices improve when you book (we noticed they were much higher than expected)?  Input and Reviews are welcomed. Cheers!
    Posted by shan&steve[/QUOTE]

My fiance and I visited Tradewinds about a month ago when we were checking out that part of St. Pete and it is gorgeous.  We were both struck by the lobby, which was huge and had a cool bar right inside.  Also we noticed that the staff was pretty friendly.  No one was available to show us around (you need an appointment) but they gave us a map and told us to look around.

If you're looking for family-friendly, this place is def your ticket: paddleboats, mini golf, swing sets, a giant slide on the beach.  Lots for kids to do.  And it's so big you can still have privacy for your ceremony.

As far as rooms go, we didn't ask but a good rule of thumb in this area seems to be that prices for rooms tend to go down significantly in the off-season (typically after Easter and before Labor Day and I think in the winter-y months like February).  Just beware the heat of summer and the fickleness of weather- but thats Florida, lol.

Hope this helps a little and congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards