Outdoor Weddings

New Unique Ideas for Unity Ceremony?

Anybody have a suggestion for what I can do for the unity ceremony that incorporates the mothers?  I do not want to do a unity candle, or unity sand.

Much appreciation and thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
~K.Griggs~

Re: New Unique Ideas for Unity Ceremony?

• My fiancee and I are going to be doing a tree planting instead of a unity candle, incorporating dirt from both parent's homes to plant it. (We'll just be pouring the dirt into the planter or whatever). I'm not really sure how to incorporate the mothers, but I'm sure it's possible for this as well.
  • We are also doing a tree planting.  To include all our dear friends and family, we are attaching small bags of dirt to the programs and asking each person to contribute their dirt to help support our tree after the ceremony.  You could ask the moms to bring dirt from their house (or fav plant) and contribute it to your tree.  Or, give each of them a small watering can and let them water it after you plant it.
  • You can do a rose ceremony that includes the mothers.
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
  • Thanks for the suggestions.  I will definitely look into both.  I just have a fear about anything wet or dirty because I am so clumsy Lol.  I will be doing something and then accidentally pour water on my dress or knock over the dirt or something.
    ~K.Griggs~
  • edited April 2013
    You could use two bouquets of flowers -- roses would be appropriate -- that each of your mothers brings down the aisle and places in a separate vase. Then at the right time during the ceremony, each of you could pick a single stem from your family's bouquet and place the two stems together in a smaller vase.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks to everyone who posted suggestions. I actually found a variation of the rose ceremony that I love and am going to be using that one.  Again much thanks!

Best Regards,
    K. Griggs
    ~K.Griggs~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards