Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Photographer until cake cutting or end of reception?

Hiya!
I am in the process of negotiating a contract with my photographer. They tend to book really early in my area, so I am relieved to be at this stage in the process already! My photographer has one base rate package that ends at the cake cutting. She has a higher rate if we want to keep her until the end of the reception. Have any of you just had your photographer up until cake cutting? Did you regret it or was it ok? Are there a lot of pictures that we will potentially miss if we don't book her all evening? Any advice either way? Thank you!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photographer until cake cutting or end of reception?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_photographer-until-cake-cutting-or-end-of-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:59230f7b-f899-4628-8a08-5d925f754129Post:3cdc89b6-4a38-4f37-ae66-832f565f4057">Photographer until cake cutting or end of reception?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hiya! I am in the process of negotiating a contract with my photographer. They tend to book really early in my area, so I am relieved to be at this stage in the process already! My photographer has one base rate package that ends at the cake cutting. She has a higher rate if we want to keep her until the end of the reception. Have any of you just had your photographer up until cake cutting? Did you regret it or was it ok? Are there a lot of pictures that we will potentially miss if we don't book her all evening? Any advice either way? Thank you!!
    Posted by denyse1005[/QUOTE]

<div>We had ours till the end of the night.  The only pictures we had after the cake was dancing photos.  We cut the cake around 10pm and there was only 1 hour after that until the end of the reception.  I will say, some of the funniest photos we have are after the cake cutting on the dance floor.  If it's a nominal fee, I'd pay it.  If not, you won't miss out on any "main" photos.</div>
  • Are you doing a special send-off? Sparklers? Bubbles? Fireworks? If capturing that is important to you then you need to have it covered. I was lucky my photographer had a full day coverage thing going on so he stayed until the end, but if your photographer charges by the hour you need to determine what's important for you.
  • Since we did a private last dance and an actual exit, we kept ours until the end of the night.  We actually had ours go back up to our hotel room with us and got a few shots there.

If you're not doing a send-off, then I think most girls cut theirs loose after all the special dances, cake cutting, etc.
  • Stephie, 

I don't want to know what type of shots your photographer took at your hotel room that night LOL!!!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_photographer-until-cake-cutting-or-end-of-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:30Discussion:59230f7b-f899-4628-8a08-5d925f754129Post:9a73e3e1-aa40-4a88-a164-243ae3d41a2d">Re: Photographer until cake cutting or end of reception?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stephie,  I don't want to know what type of shots your photographer took at your hotel room that night LOL!!!!!
    Posted by proudMrsG[/QUOTE]

Hee. I have some in my bio under Reception. Totally PG I promise. I really wanted a pic of my DH carrying me over the threshold and it turned out to be one of my favorites.
  • Thanks for all of your responses! LOL about the hotel pics, that's really adorable. My parents have a pic of them behind their hotel room door holding their shoes. I always loved that pic!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re: Photographer until cake cutting or end of reception?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Photographer until cake cutting or end of reception? : Hee. I have some in my bio under Reception. Totally PG I promise. I really wanted a pic of my DH carrying me over the threshold and it turned out to be one of my favorites.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]
    Those are cute I love the one where you are closing the door and the  honeymoon in progress photo.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards