Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Long day....

Went to a 400-450 person wedding today.  It was a Muslim ceremony so for religious reasons, the reception was alcohol free. Frown  Let's just say that over the course of six and a half hours, we saw the ceremony, speeches, had a meal and we never made it to the dance floor; they were still doing posed photography with various groups of people at 11:30pm when we left.  Not sure if that's par for the course or not at a wedding that large; I'd never been to anything more than about 150 ppl nor a Muslim wedding.  Just seemed like there was a huge amount of time guests were just standing around, and no booze wasn't helping me enjoy lol.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

Re: Long day....

• Options
    Oh my goodness Vegasgroom. You did well sticking it out til 11:30! Some of our guests probably wouldnt come if we were having a dry wedding. I can understand for religious purposes though. But 450 guests!!!!

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• Options
    That is a VERY LONG DAY.. And a dry wedding.... way to hang in there.. but definitely a great experience
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That would be tough! Congrats on making it that long. Lol. As for the length of the wedding, I heard if some that the celebrations take place over a couple of days. Crazy. Still blown away by the 450 people.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I went to a wedding a few weeks ago with 620 guests.  It was insane!  At least the one I went to had booze. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't even think I know 450 people! Way to stick it out until 11:30! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That's a big guest list. That must of felt like forever!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Options
    I'm trying to find out today if dancing ever actually occurred or if photos just went until midnight when the hotel was scheduled to end the event lol.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    How could the bride and groom possibly enjoy a day like that when they surely can't have the time to speak to all their guests and they have to pose for photographs with everyone ALL day. They must just be desperate for their honeymoon and some time to relax!
  • Options
    WOW - insane!!  All I can say is my flask would have been my best friend! LOL.  ;) 
  • Options
    i don't even think i know 450 people lol. thats a ton of people and a long day i would have needed a glass of wine as soon as i got home! kudos for lasting tel the end. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards