Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Gay friendly honeymoon

Any ideas where my fiance and I can have our honeymoon that is gay friendly and not too expensive? Since Robyn and I would love to have a family someday, I would have to go through IUI procedure. We rather save money towards that instead of a fabulous honeymoon. We want to have fun and feel comfortable. Maybe a weekend away. We live in NH, any ideas?

Re: Gay friendly honeymoon

• Options
    Provincetown, MA?  It's definitely driving distance from NH, which cuts down on the cost.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_gay-friendly-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:699d6d9e-8db9-4d1c-85e8-95befcc4eb20Post:8e57785c-c266-4797-b178-5f6b7c19cc1d">Re: Gay friendly honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Provincetown, MA?  It's definitely driving distance from NH, which cuts down on the cost.
    Posted by elbow23[/QUOTE]

This was going to be my suggestion, as well!
  • Options
    I was also going to make the same suggestion.

However, if you want to go somewhere outside of New England, I'd recommend Saugatuck MI. It's on the coast of Lake Michigan, probably about a 16 hr drive or so. I used to live outside Boston and the drive from there to metro Detroit is 13 hrs through Canada, so adding a bit of distance on both ends as Saugatuck is about 2 hrs west of Detroit. But, it's a very cool town, gay friendly, actually reminds me a LOT of New England. Plus, if you want to, you can stop at Niagara Falls over the border from Buffalo. You could also do Toronto, I believe there are gay friendly areas there and it's a very cosmopolitan city. You will, however need enhanced driver's licenses or your passports to get back into the US.

You could also ask on the "gay weddings" board under "Special Topic Wedding Boards" to the left if you are not already familiar with that board.
  • Options
    Another vote for P town.  I love going there.  It's beautiful, lots to see and do.
  • Options
    I was going to say P-town, too. If you want farther away but still beach, Rehoboth Beach, DE is nice and also a friendly area.

(And is home to the Fractured Prune, an amazing donut shop.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• Options
    what do you want to do and what's your budget?

• Options
    Thank you for all of the ideas! Robyn and I went to P-town last year and had a blast! Right now we haven't set aside a buget for our honeymoon. Since I work in a school system and we are gettting married in May, the honeymoon will probably in the summer.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_gay-friendly-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:699d6d9e-8db9-4d1c-85e8-95befcc4eb20Post:1294038d-51eb-4456-ae68-087ff2eb9d54">Re: Gay friendly honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was going to say P-town, too. If you want farther away but still beach, Rehoboth Beach, DE is nice and also a friendly area. (And is home to the Fractured Prune, an amazing donut shop.)
    Posted by xxstardust[/QUOTE]

<div>I was going to suggest Rehoboth.  My parent's live there and it's very gay friendly.</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    San Francisco!   the bay area can be done on a budget and there is a TON to see/do here. 
  • Options
    I second San Francisco, or Seattle.
  • Options
    Key West.

Everyone is VERY open about their affections in Key West, to the point where the conservatives in Florida just won't go there anymore.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Gay friendly honeymoon:
    [QUOTE]I second San Francisco, or Seattle.
    Posted by anssett[/QUOTE]

Both of these cities would be great choices.

Also, just in case you might consider something outside of the US, we just got back from the beautiful island of St. Martin, which was very gay friendly.
  • Options
    Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards