Honeymoon Discussions

Seeking Advice on Kauai Resorts for Honeymoon

My fiance and I are honeymooning in Hawaii in early September 2013. We are staying in Maui for 8 nights and are all set with our hotel there, but we just extended the trip to include 4 nights in Kauai and are having trouble picking our hotel. We love sunshine, so we have been leaning toward Poi Pu and the sunny south shore, but we also are considering the St. Regis in Princeville, because we want a luxury resort that is right on the beach, with beautiful views from our bedroom. (We prefer lounging on the beach to the pool.) Does anyone have any insights into the weather on the north side in September? And are the views nice enough there without the lanais? Everyone recommends the Grand Hyatt, but it does not appeal to us. We want a place with a pretty, swimmable beach on site and would prefer a place with less kids and less crowds. Several friends have recommended the ocean front rooms at the Sheraton, because of the beautiful beach there, but some of the online pictures and reviews are mixed. Does anyone have any insights into whether the upgrades at the hotel make it feel enough like a luxury hotel, worthy of a honeymoon? Is the beach nice there? And what about Koa Kea? It gets great reviews for honeymooners but the rooms look small and the beach looks modest. I welcome advice folks have on that as well. Thanks!

Re: Seeking Advice on Kauai Resorts for Honeymoon

• The beaches in Poi Pu are very small and very crowded. When we were there, the tide went right up to bush line, so there wasn't much sand to relax on. It sounds like you would like the North Shore more. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards