Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Beverages at the reception.

We are providing all the beverages for our rececption.  We're having beer, wine, water, and coffee.  And also, I was thinking of having lemonade and iced tea instead of soda.  Our wedding is on June 8th, so those are great summer drinks.  Do you think people will be upset if we don't have soda?

Re: Beverages at the reception.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_beverages-at-the-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:8b7936ba-04f1-4c6a-91e2-be56abb110b1Post:989a9a36-f045-4fa6-a300-02485dfb9253">Beverages at the reception.</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are providing all the beverages for our rececption.  We're having beer, wine, water, and coffee.  And also, I was thinking of having lemonade and iced tea instead of soda.  Our wedding is on June 8th, so those are great summer drinks.  Do you think people will be upset if we don't have soda?
    Posted by tiffanyc83[/QUOTE]

No. What you're planning is fine.
  • I would be bummed if you didn't have soda but what you're planning is perfectly fine.
  • What you've planned is fine (you had me at "beer") but if you can swing it, a couple 2 liters of coke, diet, and sprite couldn't cost more than 30 dollars and might be very appreciated.
  • I think it's fine I actually like to have a soda with my dinner foowed by an alcoholic drink. I'm sure your guests will be fine. You are offering severa choices
  • edited May 2013
    I think it sounds fine as long as there's an unsweetened tea or some sort of diet/sugar-free option.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards