Texas-Houston

Clear Lake Area

Hello there. I am looking for venue ideas donw by clear lake/friendswood/league city. We are hoping to outdoor ceremony and indoor reception, hopefully all at the same location. We are trying to have it where most of our family a friends that live in town don't have to drive far from our area. Any ideas in that area that aren't going to break the bank?

Thanks!

Re: Clear Lake Area

• >Southshore Harbor
    >Bay Oaks Country Club (find a member, and its reasonable)
    >Butlers Courtyard
    >Kemah has a b&b that a girl was talking about at work that looks nice
    >Hampton Inn across the street from NASA

These are all varying in price. I work in CL and just wrapped a planned event in CL area, let me know if you need anything for vendors. 

• Centurion Palace
    • Tuscan Courtyard
    • Di'Amici Upscale Events
    • Palms Banquet and Event Center
    • The Green Event Center
    Not sure of prices off the top of my head though....

I met the coordinator at Butler's Courtyard at the Bridal Extravaganza in January and really liked her.  If the venue had the look I wanted and/or was closer in town, I would seriously check it out because I really felt like she would take care of everything.
  • Agreed with AndreaJ200. She is fantastic! Too bad I am a 713 elitist!
  • edited April 2013
    Kemah Gardens - prices are listed online (kemahgardens.com) under Weddings More Info/Garden Packages tab.
    TTC Jan 2011, me: 30, DH 32. Unexplained IF. Aug 2012- Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 08/21, IUI 08/22= BFN. Feb 2013: Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 02/20, IUI 02/21= BFN.
  • hutchslhutchsl member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2013
    Butler longhorn Museum in League City. They have an outdoor garden and reception/party area and an indoor room. It is not that big though so depends on how large you need. They have a website but no cost information.

Helens garden in League City (main street/518) for ceremony and Tad Akers for reception (just a block or so away.) League City has the price for renting the garden per time period. Not sure Tad Akers cost.
  • Di Amici Upscale Events is where my wedding will be. Beautiful place. Google it. Coordinaters truly take care of everything for you. Paula and her team are awesome. I believe it is 6700 for reception on a Saturday night. Worth every penny!!
  • kiminhakiminha member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2013
    Tuscan Courtyard has a beautiful outdoor ceremony site and brand new ballroom that can fit 250. Their Facebook page has tons of gorgeous pictures of the facility and events they've had so far. It's in Texas City, so the area is very open and not as crowded like other places in the area. The property itself is surrounded by trees and has two waterfalls/ponds! The event coordinator, Angela, is such a sweetheart and so incredibly helpful. She will surely take care of all your needs if you book a wedding there. Heck, she'd even give you advice or help you find vendors/other venues better suited for your needs if TC isn't right for you. She's that nice! They offer different package and rental options, so you should be able to find something that will work with your budget. 
  • Thanks to everyone for the input! I loved Butlers Courtyard, but their cost for a Saturday night is a little high! Also, becuase I went to culinary school, I want to be able to bring in my own caterer and they do not allow that. I am going to check out some of the other options listed here. We are moving to League City, so anything close to there is great!

Thanks again!
  • Tuscan Courtyard is beatiful and lets you bring in your own food.

The Gallery in Houston is another DIY place

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards