Connecticut

Getting married at Mohegan Sun -- need a JP & other recommendations!

Looking for recommendations on -- (1) Justice of the Peace to perform the ceremony,  (2) DJ's,  (3) Photographer/Videographer .   Time to start the planning NOW!  Running out of time!   Thanks in advance!

Re: Getting married at Mohegan Sun -- need a JP & other recommendations!

• Airen Miller photography :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I absolutely love my photographer- AE Stelzer. She lives in the Boston area but will travel here for no extra fee. Her photos are artistic, romantic and sophisticated.

Our JP, Betty Allard, is friendly and reasonably priced. Very responsive to emails and phone calls.
  • we had Sal Fiore for our wedding. he did a great job and personalized the ceremony for us.
  • HK Photography and MV Film Productions for videographer
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:Cake inspiration image
  • 1) Mary Pugh
    2) DJae Melee
    3) Studio1923

All AMAZING vendors. Mary Pugh lets you customize your ceremony as you like; she also takes videos and photos of your ceremony and just after. 

DJae Melee has any music you want, and if he doesn't have it he can find it for you. He can be slow getting back to emails or phone calls, but he's prompt the week of your wedding and great the day of!

Jerome at Studio1923 is just amazing. Not only is he a fantastici photographer (as are his assistants), but he does so much extra. Reminding my H to put on his suit jacket, providing ear plugs for my autistic brother, showing my mom how to tie up my dress. We would have been lost without him.
  • Rent-a-DJ is a really great option too.
  • I second Airen Miller photography...he is amazing and so personable

I second DJae Melee, he is from Uncasville and also djs at Mohegan Sun. Not sure how far away you are from uncasville, but if you don't have time to meet up with him he will skype with you. I haven't heard one bad thing about him, the only down fall is that he is slow at returning e-mails, but that is about it.
  • We aren't useing a JOP or videographer however for our DJ we picked Jamkat out of Niantic.  The wedding isn't until October so I can't really give you an official recommendation but we got a great feel when we met with him and found some really favorable reviews online :-)  He might do video, too, but I don't remember.

And for photography we are using Eric Brushett.  So far we are VERY happy with the engagement photos and are so excited to see what he'll do for the wedding :-)

Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I forgot- RI Video Pros for videographer!
  • Our JP was great--Chaz Zezulka out of Mystic, so not too from Mohegan.  Happy planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards