Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

A decent experience at big chain bridal

Hi All,

I'm sure many horror stories about sales reps, customer service, and ordering problems revolving around the big chain bridal stores abound. Just want to share a recent, good experience at my local David's.

I'm attending my brother's wedding at the end of next month, and wanted to find something nice to wear without it being too "bridesmaid-y" since they are having no wedding party and I don't want to look like a desperate wannbe. I checked my local mall, but nothing really caught my eye. The next day I went to David's, sans appointment.

There were a few brides being helped, but there was no complaining about me not having an appointment. I was able to quietly browse, pick out some styles close to my size, and try them on. I was able to pick a dress, but they didn't have my size in the color I wanted. Well, I was apprehensive, but I went ahead and ordered it. It arrived in 1 week! I picked it up today, chatted with the lady who took the order originally, and we went over it together to make sure there weren't any defects with the dress. All in all, a good experience!

Here's hoping other brides have similar experiences, and here's hoping my experience in the fall when shopping for my wedding gown is even better!

Re: A decent experience at big chain bridal

• Options
    I'm glad you had such a good experience!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had a great experience at David's. Glad you did as well!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    My second time around that I went to David's I had a great experience as well. I am glad you did. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    The West Springfield, MA David's is wonderful! I was lucky enough to have an old high school friend be my consultant, but everyone else I've dealt with has been extremely nice and helpful as well. Great selection, awesome prices, and insanely fast shipping!

After 6 years and 2 boys, finally tying the knot on October 27th, 2013!

• Options
    I got my dress from David's, and the entire experience was very professional and nice.   I think a lot of people make the mistake of booking an appt on a high volume day, and not making an appt at all.

I went in on the day after New Years.  It was ghost town in there, and even the alterations lady came out to help.  By the time I was done, I think there were three associates.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards