October 2013 Weddings
Options

Unpopular Opinions.

I'm in the mood.

Mine is that I am not a huge drinker. I'm not against alcohol or anything, but I really don't drink a lot. I like a glass of wine with dinner or on a random evening. I really dislike beer. It's heavy; it's loaded with carbs. It's just not my thing.

I also don't plan on getting drunk at our wedding (and, I have only been drunk a few times in my life - like, once or twice. I just always stopped before getting to that point). I plan on having something (wine, champagne, a cosmo) but that's really it. I'm not seeing this as "WOOOHOOO! Time to drink!"
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
image95 No
image0 Unknown

Re: Unpopular Opinions.

• Options
    In Response to Unpopular Opinions.:
    [QUOTE]I'm in the mood. Mine is that I am not a huge drinker. I'm not against alcohol or anything, but I really don't drink a lot. I like a glass of wine with dinner or on a random evening. I really dislike beer. It's heavy; it's loaded with carbs. It's just not my thing. I also don't plan on getting drunk at our wedding (and, I have only been drunk a few times in my life - like, once or twice. I just always stopped before getting to that point). I plan on having something (wine, champagne, a cosmo) but that's really it. I'm not seeing this as "WOOOHOOO! Time to drink!"
    Posted by SewInLoveWithDMB[/QUOTE]

I think its rude when the B&G get wasted at their wedding.

• Options
    In Response to Unpopular Opinions.:
    [QUOTE]I'm in the mood. Mine is that I am not a huge drinker. I'm not against alcohol or anything, but I really don't drink a lot. I like a glass of wine with dinner or on a random evening. I really dislike beer. It's heavy; it's loaded with carbs. It's just not my thing. I also don't plan on getting drunk at our wedding (and, I have only been drunk a few times in my life - like, once or twice. I just always stopped before getting to that point). I plan on having something (wine, champagne, a cosmo) but that's really it. I'm not seeing this as "WOOOHOOO! Time to drink!"
    Posted by SewInLoveWithDMB[/QUOTE]

I AM THE SAME WAY!!!!! And my friends are always seeming like they are annoyed by the fact I dont drink. I was tryingt o give my FH a drinking limit bc I dont want him to be drunk at our reception and the night get ruined by him not paying attention and all that... but hes upset by that, no matter how many times I try and explain to him this is the one night you do not want to be drunk, and you want to remember it..... his cousins wife put a one beer limit on him (bc he gets crazy) and it worked out lovely at their wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    One of FI's friends really shocked me at his wedding. He is the type to go out and pound the mixers, get stupid drunk, then start fights. At their wedding, he was pretty sober at the end of the night.

• Options
    Yes! I agree whole-heartedly with you both. I think it just looks sloppy to be super drunk when it is your wedding. I'm not saying to be a teetotaler, but be aware of moderation! I want to talk to guests and have nice conversations (I don't see everyone all the time) and not be slurring or confused. I don't want to be carried out of the reception!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    I am not a drinker either. When I drink it is an amaretto sour. I do not like beer or wine (have tried many, I did tastings at my old job for training). I have never been drunk. We are having a dry wedding reception. We are going out later that night with whoever wants to join us but I do not plan on drinking much like usual, just more hanging out.

I have never done drugs. Like never even tried anything. I do not get why people do them. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to Re: Unpopular Opinions.:
    [QUOTE]I am not a drinker either. When I drink it is an amaretto sour. I do not like beer or wine (have tried many, I did tastings at my old job for training). I have never been drunk. We are having a dry wedding reception. We are going out later that night with whoever wants to join us but I do not plan on drinking much like usual, just more hanging out. I have never done drugs. Like never even tried anything. I do not get why people do them. 
    Posted by mochietoe[/QUOTE]

I haven't either. Never tried anything. I didn't drink until 2 months before I turned 21.

I drink now but not like I get wasted. I enjoy a few beers here and there and I only like white sweeter wines.

• Options
    [QUOTE]I am not a drinker either. When I drink it is an amaretto sour. I do not like beer or wine (have tried many, I did tastings at my old job for training). I have never been drunk. We are having a dry wedding reception. We are going out later that night with whoever wants to join us but I do not plan on drinking much like usual, just more hanging out. I have never done drugs. Like never even tried anything. I do not get why people do them. 

I absolutely HATE BEER, but I like a good White Zin, and love a good Moscato! Yumo!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I like beer. I like wine. I like vodka and rum and tequila. However, I don't drink in excess. Ever. Well, okay, that's not true.

I drink coffee in excess.
  • Options
    [QUOTE]I like beer. I like wine. I like vodka and rum and tequila. However, I don't drink in excess. Ever. Well, okay, that's not true. I drink coffee in excess.
    Posted by lplions[/QUOTE]

haha...

I dont like coffee, I actually cant stand even the smell.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular Opinions. : haha... I dont like coffee, I actually cant stand even the smell.
    Posted by Briannasteve[/QUOTE]

I LOVE the smell of coffee! I am picky about which ones I like to drink though.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular Opinions. : I LOVE the smell of coffee! I am picky about which ones I like to drink though.

yea i feel like a loser at work because everyone usually drinks coffee and I only just recently started drinking a few teas.... only chai types.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    shaylagirlshaylagirl member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited April 2013
    I don't do coffee either, and there are times I think it excludes me from some of those work bonding "things" people do; like run down to Starbucks, etc.  I know coffee can be a bonding experience in the workplace, so when I first started here, I -almost- lied and was like "Oh yeah, I LOVE coffee" and then just learn to choke it down.

Instead, I didn't.  And now no one invites me to go to Starbucks on breaks.  :(  Well, except once.  And I got the hot chocolate. 

That said, I honestly haven't attended really any weddings except 2 in my life, and, the idea of a B&G getting sloppy drunk grosses me out.  How tacky is that?  Ugh!!!
  • Options
    archerstararcherstar member
    First Comment
    edited May 2013
    I like to drink. Sometimes I get drunk. But I'm sure as hell not getting drunk at my wedding. I agree that it just looks sloppy. We'll probably do some partying later on at the hotel with the younger guests, at that point I may imbibe some more, but I really want to enjoy and most importantly, REMEMBER my wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards