Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

bad makeup trial

Hey,
I had my hair and makeup trial this weekend and am now freaking out about the makeup part. I am hoping for a pretty natural looking on my wedding...I wear light make up (light foundation, mascara, lipstick and a tad of blush) daily.  My MUA didn't have me looking into a mirror during the trial (a mistake as I found out) and when I saw what she did I was floored...in a really really bad way.  There was a combination of way way too much eyeliner and too dark of blush....I was trying to explain that, and she was saying that it was because I'm not used to wearing much make up and that it would look less made up in pictures, which might be true, but I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror, so I really don't care if it will be "less".  I would like my fiance to recognize me...hell I would like to recognize me!   She was also using airbrushed makeup which could be part of the issue, but that doesn't explain the eyeliner.

So to the questions.  How can I tell if this artist knows how to do lighter/more natural make up?  She thought I looked good and I had asked for "natural/light" make up....so if that is what she thinks looks good should I even bother getting a second trial, or should I try and find someone else? Or, should I give it a second go, bring in pictures of what I'm talking about since my thinking about what looks "natural" does not line up with hers. 

Also, she is part of a company, so do I try talking to her about it, or do I go with the owner?  I love the hair person they had and want to keep that!
Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: bad makeup trial

• Thanks for the feedback!  I havn't emailed yet.  Hopefully they can just adjust, but I'm worried that what they had done is what they think looks good...if so, I don't really trust them! 
  • I had makeup done at my friend's wedding back in september.  i am using the same makeup artist because she just got it!  She wore minimal makeup and just looked fresh and that is what my friend said she wanted too.  Just amped up a bit more but not crazy.  Luckily it was only the trial!  Go find another MUA!  :)
  • lalanslalans member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Thanks for the advice! I gave them a call yesterday and we are setting up a new trial. I would prefer if I can go with this MUA because its the same place that will be doing my hair...and I loved the hair! Yesterday I talked to the owner of the Salon who was very nice/helpful and they are going to comp the second trial.  i will also be sure to bring pictures, and hopefully this tiem will go better! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards