African American Weddings

What's yours 1st dance song as Mr. & Mrs. ?

So as I was finishing up the final touches of our ceremony music! My mom ask, we'll what are you dancing to for your first dance?? I'm like....ohhhh I forgot about that. Now I don't know what to dance to. She told me to do something fun and exciting. What are you ladies dancing to?
Soon to be MR. & MRS. ANTHONY PRICE JR! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What's yours 1st dance song as Mr. & Mrs. ?

• by the time we got to our first dance we had hit level 10 on the drunk-o-meter. We weren't going to have one at all. It was an impromptu deal and I think hubby just went up to the dj and was like play us something. so i think ours was that one song "beautiful girls all over the world blah blah blah ain't got nothing on youuuuu baby". I'm not 100% sure but I do remember asking him a zillion times what song it was.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to Re: What's yours 1st dance song as Mr. & Mrs. ?:
    [QUOTE]by the time we got to our first dance we had hit level 10 on the drunk-o-meter. We weren't going to have one at all. It was an impromptu deal and I think hubby just went up to the dj and was like play us something. so i think ours was that one song "beautiful girls all over the world blah blah blah ain't got nothing on youuuuu baby". I'm not 100% sure but I do remember asking him a zillion times what song it was.
    Posted by footballwife77[/QUOTE]

LOL....aww what a way to go out with a bang! It sounds like you had an amazing time.
  • I was thinking about that song with Avant and KEKE Wyatt...YOU AND I that was the first thing that came to my mind for my first dance 
    Or if you like a lil old school Mint Condition...SOMEONE TO LOVE....le sigh LOVE THAT SONG

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• This was such a hard decision... I wanted something that meant something not just for me..but for my FI also.... sooo..yes.. I finally found a song... BUT.. IM being stingy.. and I gotta keep it to myself... My advice.. is to look outside the BOX.. and find something that fits you two and your relationship..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • "Come Get to This" by Marvin Gaye. It really isn't a ballad, it's more uptempo, so it is outside of the norm. I think it suits us perfectly because we both LOVE old school music.
    The Future Mrs. Douglas Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • FI want's AL GREEN- Let's Stay Together and  I want Do you remember the time by Michael Jackson So we will dance to both for about 1 minute or so and then we will slow dance to either " have you Ever Been In Love by Celion Dion or When I Said I Do Chante Moore and Kenny Lattimore.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    im thinking it might be Made to love you by gerald levert.. that is mr. favorite singer ever.. and its such a beautiful song

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • We're using A Couple of Forevers by Chrisette Michelle.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow my Journey Down the Aisle at www.ichoosethesun.com !
  • Can't decide between A couple of forever's, Love and War by Tamar Braxton & Beyonce 1+1 (might be to sexy for a first dance?)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • We started to do "The second time around" by Howard Hewitt since it was the second marriage for the both of us and our guests would have cracked up! We ended up not doing a first dance but if we did we both had agreed on "Marry Me" by R Kelly.

@Tasha-you are crazy!!!
    imageAnniversary
  • Im still indecided about this too, but theres a few songs that I have in mind. Luther Vandross So Amazing, Diana Ross & Lionel Richie My Endless Love, Usher There Goes My Baby, Beyonce You are My Rock, Beyonce The Closer I Get To You, Stevie Wonder Ribbon In The Sky,  Brian McKnight Still In Love,  Dave Hollister Forever, T.I & Keri Hilson Got Your Back, Anthony Hamilton Cool,
    Mrs. Mosley 2 be
    [QUOTE]"Come Get to This" by Marvin Gaye. It really isn't a ballad, it's more uptempo, so it is outside of the norm. I think it suits us perfectly because we both LOVE old school music.
    Posted by Dannitra01[/QUOTE]

I loveeeeee this song!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My FI loves Ribbon in the sky by Intro...so that's what it will be.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    [QUOTE]This was such a hard decision... I wanted something that meant something not just for me..but for my FI also.... sooo..yes.. I finally found a song... BUT.. IM being stingy.. and I gotta keep it to myself... My advice.. is to look outside the BOX.. and find something that fits you two and your relationship..
    Posted by nursing2u[/QUOTE]

Same here!!!  :)

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

[QUOTE]I was thinking about that song with Avant and KEKE Wyatt...YOU AND I that was the first thing that came to my mind for my first dance  Or if you like a lil old school Mint Condition...SOMEONE TO LOVE....le sigh LOVE THAT SONG
    Posted by misstira[/QUOTE]

Were dancing to You & I also...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cjeanmaqcjeanmaq member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2013
    Gonna start with a slow song and then go uptempo with the remixed version... But what I'm most excited for the father/daughter dance. I'm daddy's only little girl and first born, so we will be dancing to Barry White's  My first, my last, my everything...

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's yours 1st dance song as Mr. & Mrs. ? : Same here!!!  :)
    Posted by island07b2b[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more! The songs we chose (yep I said songs) fit our relationship perfectly.

• In Response to What's yours 1st dance song as Mr. & Mrs. ?:
    [QUOTE]So as I was finishing up the final touches of our ceremony music! My mom ask, we'll what are you dancing to for your first dance?? I'm like....ohhhh I forgot about that. Now I don't know what to dance to. She told me to do something fun and exciting. What are you ladies dancing to?
    Posted by Price4life[/QUOTE]

We were deciding between John Legend - Tonight or Keisha Cole You Complete Me
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's yours 1st dance song as Mr. & Mrs. ? : Same here!!!  :)
    Posted by island07b2b[/QUOTE]

Im glad I'm not the only one... but its just a personal preference.. And I know people will say... even if someone else uses it....its not at your wedding and all that... I SHARE SOOO MUCH.... this one I'm staying hush hush with... Soooo.. what did you finally choose.. after all the options from the other brides????
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our first dance was Amazing Love by Luther bc well...our love is pretty much Amazing Laughing

Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • This has been more challenging than I thought it would be but I think we have finally agreed on "Share My Life" by Kem

I am so excited everytime I hear the song !
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So the FI suggested, "Stay Together" by: Jaheim & Ledisi aannnddd I LOVE IT!!!!! :)
  • We did "At Last" the Beyonce version :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am now thinking: You Got It Bad by Usher. FI is not a music person but that's his fav song. 
    IDK...its changed alot. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    We went with I believe in You and me by Whitney. I wish we had done I'm a fool for you by Cee lo
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • We are starting off with share my life by Kem then ending with fool for you by Ceelo
  • misstira said:
    I was thinking about that song with Avant and KEKE Wyatt...YOU AND I that was the first thing that came to my mind for my first dance 
    Or if you like a lil old school Mint Condition...SOMEONE TO LOVE....le sigh LOVE THAT SONG
    We are using Avant and Keke Wyatt "You and I". I love this song. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MrsBad13 said:
    We are starting off with share my life by Kem then ending with fool for you by Ceelo
    THIS IS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL SONG...I TRULY LOVE THIS SONG ALSO....

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Starting with Ceelo - Old Fashioned, then a surprise dance mix of other songs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards