Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Regrets I Wish I Could Move Beyond

Boy do I feel silly even posting this so long after our wedding. Part of me is a little worried about risking some negative feedback, but I do hope a few kind souls will respond with kindness and compassion. 

I'm struggling with post-wedding regrets, mainly because I knocked myself out -- and my groom's family out -- over something that was just one day, and it was shadowed by a tremendous loss despite my best efforts to host a great event for all attending. Thankfully it didn't cost anywhere near the national average for weddings...and who really determines that, other than the people poised to profit from the wedding industry, right? But for us, two self-employed artsy types on limited budgets, it was frankly more than we should've spent. 

I think with what all we did spend we should've hired a DOC so I could've felt much more present with family and guests rather than running around like a fool. 

Re: Regrets I Wish I Could Move Beyond

• Options
    mc4dj13mc4dj13 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I think she is referring to over-working herself and her husband's family. Right? We prepare and plan and all we can do is try our best. We try to save $ where we can and spend where it counts but at the end of the day you pay for what you get. A Day of Coordinator helps smooth the transition and leaves you with little to no worries. What is done is done and you can thank your family for hanging in there and supporting you and your husband. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards