Plus-Sized

Found My Dress, You Can Too

I found my dress. I'm a street size 22 and I was very anxious about dress shopping. I put it off for months. I new I couldn't put it off any longer when my soon to be MIL asked when I was going... so we planned the day. The first place I went to didn't have anything i could fit into. I had been expecting that to happen everywhere i went, but i didn't realize it would be as frustrating as it was. I wanted to give up but my sisters and the MIL convinced me to try David's Bridal.

AMAZING!

What a great experience! Dresses that FIT! I found my dress and had a AWWW moment. I even said, "I don't want to try any other dresses on because this is my dress!" AND the dress fits perfect, no need for alterations!!!

I new i didn't want to have a veil but sisters and MIL wanted to see me all dressed up, so I put one on. "ohh I want a Veil" was the only thing that left my mouth.

I felt beautiful for the first time in a long time. I cannot wait to walk down the aisle and see my FI reaction!

All i can say is try to make the best of the situation. I know that it is hard to feel beautiful when you are plus size. But what we all need to remember is that our FI's love us for who we are and they think we are Beautiful. They just want us happy! Find that one dress that you cant live without and have fun doing it! Smile Good luck to everyone out there that is still looking!

Re: Found My Dress, You Can Too

• Congratulations!  It's a great feeling, isn't it?

I'm glad your experiance at David's Bridal was so different from mine. Those who have already struck out there, or who want more options, may try an Alfred Angelo signature store.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wear a size 16-18 (pants) and 14-16 (dresses) and had exactly the same worry you did.  That NOTHING was going to fit me in the bridal stores.  Luckily, my first stop was David's Bridal and it was a great experience.  There were tons of dresses for me to try on and most of them looked amazing and fit just perfectly.  Except for the hemline...but that is what happens when you are only 5'0" tall, lol.

Another lesson I learned is to be open to try on a variety of styles.  I went in there "positive" I wanted a halter style bodice and that there was NO WAY I would want a strapless dress.  I almost refused to even try on a strapless dress because I knew it would be so horrible.  I could not have been more wrong.  As it turned out, strapless a-line dresses looked the best and made my waist look super tiny.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards