June 2013 Weddings

Tanning

Anyone plan on tanning for their wedding. I want to do it  but i never been before. thoughts on tanning, spray tanning, and how often to do it. Im not to fond of a spray tan.

Re: Tanning

• I have been tanning for the last couple of weeks 3-4 times a week and will continue to do so until the wedding. I was pretty pale before starting, so I have just now worked up to going full time. I know everyone is different, but I prefer the stand up bed so that I get more of an even tan. I had actually planned on just getting a spray tan, but my mom didn't have too good of luck with hers. So I didn't think I'd want to take the chance in a white dress. Lol.
  • I am tanning and just started yesterday. I plan on getting a base and then slowing down. I was/am crazy pale and don't want to be see through at my wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I plan on tanning this next month too:) not sure how much to go a week but Ill start out slow:)
  • I've been tanning here and there. I'm not super pale to begin with, I have sort of an olive tone to my skin, so it really only takes me a couple sessions to get what looks like a tan. I don't look like a ghost in my dress thankfully, so I'm not too stressed about it. I just want a base tan for the honeymoon. :) I recommend starting slow if you tend to burn though. I usually start at 10 minutes in a level 2 bed, but I don't burn easily. I can do up to 15 minutes no problem. My siter on the other hand is pale and has to start at like 5 minutes and work her way up. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting married in 7 wks i started tanning this week. i plan to go 4x a week at first then 3x but i started off with 5 min each visit this week.  I'm 100% Caucasian so it takes me some time to develop a tan, i would suggest going at least for 4 wks about 3 times a wk, depends how fast and how dark you'd like to be. im  just looking for that tan that i get half way thru summer; from the beach and sitting by the pool. make sure you wear like 15 spf sunblock on your chest, face, an hands cus this will wrinkle quickly (if you start doing this a few times a year) and def keep an eye on moles if you have any, you do not want skin cancer. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did my first tan yesteday on a powerful bed for 12 mins. Not sure how tan I want to go. I just want my arms to look better and being tanned just makes u look smaller and your teeth whiter. Good luck everyone. I never tanned before and it was soooo relaxing.
  • I'm a fan of spray tans, but I recommend if you have not done it before to get a recommendation for a place and try it out first.  Do a very light one for your first time so you get a feel for it.  I am super pale, so the lightest level is all I need!  When I do them, I like to do 2 days before my event so it has time to set and settle in.  It will appear pretty dark after a few hours, but will lighten up.  If you go to a good place it should not stain your clothes.  I like doing them in the afternoon so it has the rest of the day to settle and then I can take a shower the next morning.  I have had good experiences with mine, but I have also seen some bad turn outs so be sure you follow the salons directions! 

Anniversary
  • If u start tanning start out at like 7. Mins
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ally91ally91 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I started tanning once a week around two months ago, starting now every other day to kick things up. I've done spray tans but they can look really intense especially if you're pale to start with, you want to look natural on your wedding day so if you do get a spray tan I'd definitely do it a few days before so you have a chance to get used to it/let it fade a little.
    Soon-to-be Mrs. Kent
  • Tanning is a great idea, if not just for the wedding but also if you are going to a beach for the honeymoon.  Be careful though.  I started in March and have been going twice a week since then I have the color I want now so I only go once a week.  My best advice is talk to the people where you are going to go at, go in a bed with more bronzing it will get you darker and you wont burn so easy, since you only have a month and make sure to get a good lotion it really makes a difference. If you are still not the color you want I heard the custom spray tan is better then the regular spray tan or try a good self tanner (Bare Minerals, Lancome, Mac or Clarins)  Have fun, congratulations and good luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards