New York

Caterer that will serve our alcohol

Hi!

This is my first post in this community. I am getting married in Schaghticoke, NY on October 26, 2013. We were hoping to save some money on the alcohol but we have about 150 drinkers attending. We know some people in the restaraunt business who can sell us wholesale alcohol. Does anyone know of any caterers that would be willing to serve our alcohol (as opposed to making us buy the caterer's alcohol)? The difference in price for us will probably be about $5,000, so we are pretty desperate to make this work. 

Thanks!

Re: Caterer that will serve our alcohol

• oxj7822oxj7822 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I had same idea as you and I failed miserably. My caterer would not serve alcohol. Period. He said it was too big of a liability. But you can always hire a bartender company. They have different set ups, but most will serve your boos and provide stuff like glasses, straws, garnish, sometes even soft drinks.
  • I second looking into looking for an outside bartending company.  My first caterer said they would only serve if we used their alcohol and my current caterer will not because they don't have a liquor license.  Luckily, our venue owner is able to hire bartenders for us.  I know such a thing exists and will still probably be MUCH cheaper than using the caterers alcohol.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards