Outdoor Weddings
Options

Picnic Tables at Ceremony

We are having an outdoor ceremony (weather permitting!) and have a ton of picnic table at our disposal which put us as our final decision to NOT rent chairs (took forever to make that choice...) I think having a few rows of chairs at the front reserved for the immediate family will be nice and we'll be able to do but the remaining seating wil be picnic tables lining the aisle. We plan on covering the seats to hopefully avoid any snags on clothing. My question is -- how to let guests know that they can dress 'down' but not like daisy duke down, to make it easier for them to get in and out of the picnic table seating and to avoid any mishaps with nice nice clothes?  Thoughts?

Re: Picnic Tables at Ceremony

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_picnic-tables-at-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:56c4c0b5-224b-4471-be4e-a67d5b611afcPost:c9e9587a-bc75-4aba-835d-dfd2bb06244b">Picnic Tables at Ceremony</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are having an outdoor ceremony (weather permitting!) and have a ton of picnic table at our disposal which put us as our final decision to NOT rent chairs (took forever to make that choice...) I think having a few rows of chairs at the front reserved for the immediate family will be nice and we'll be able to do but the remaining seating wil be picnic tables lining the aisle. We plan on covering the seats to hopefully avoid any snags on clothing. My question is -- how to let guests know that they can dress 'down' but not like daisy duke down, to make it easier for them to get in and out of the picnic table seating and to avoid any mishaps with nice nice clothes?  Thoughts?
    Posted by interuptedtvshow[/QUOTE]

Put it on your wedding website, if you have one.
  • Options
    Just put on the website that there will be picnic table seating. The guests can decide what to wear with the info given.

I'd also make sure the family gossips know, so they can spread the word to the less-internet savvy guests.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We put little inserts in our invites with directions and registry informationN then under it, we said, "Our wedding is all outdoors, we're wearing "casual clothes" so you should wear yours!"
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Picnic Tables at Ceremony:
    [QUOTE]We put little inserts in our invites with directions and registry informationN then under it, we said, "Our wedding is all outdoors, we're wearing "casual clothes" so you should wear yours!"
    Posted by BronBtag[/QUOTE]

I think we're going to do something like that. We're not doing a wedding website -- most of the guests just wouldn't use something like that. Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards