Catholic Weddings

church activities

So my church has a ton of things to be involved with - however, the times are geared towards retirees or stay at home moms.  everything is during the daytime, M-F.  Are you churches like this?

Re: church activities

• My church is very much like this.  I live in a small community, though, and some of the bigger churches in the diocese have a lot more going on, including Theology on Tap, which I had no idea was occuring in my diocese and would love to attend.
  • Our church is like that also. We're in the suburbs, so yeah, that's pretty much all there is... stay at home moms, and retirees. I do think that there is some diocesan young-adult stuff that happens, but it is more downtown, I guess where the young adults are more likely to be.
    Anniversary
  • Most of our activities are in the evening...can't find enough rooms for all the meetings.

Which parents of young children have a problem with because that's bed time. 
  • Tami87Tami87 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    My church is very much like that. I am hoping that this will change in the near future as our new priest seems to be interested in branching out. Being close to DC we have tried to go to some Christ in the City events with young adults from other parishes but it is hard for us to make it all the time and it seemed like there was already a core group of people who were close friends that always attend so it felt hard to break into that circle. One of those cases where while everyone was very nice we still felt a little excluded just because they all already knew each other so well.
  • I don't feel like we have enough going on overall, but there's a mix between evening stuff and daytime stuff among what does happen. Special events tend to be in the evenings and ongoing stuff tends to be during the day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Social events at our parish are usually immediately following a mass. Things like bible studies are usually in the evenings.  I feel like we have a pretty decent mix of ages in our parish, so the events are planned pretty well according to who they are targeting.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Activities are really spread out, and if anything, tend to be in the evenings. I think our pastor does a really good job of trying to make sure there's something for everyone. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards