North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

To veil or not to veil?

Hey OBX Brides, what did you all do for your weddings? Did you choose to wear a veil or not? My dress is a drop waist ball gown with beading on the bodice. 

Originally I did not want to wear a veil because we are getting married on the beach but recently I have seen and heard that a lot of beach brides do wear veils. I've also read it is better to have a long veil because then it doesn't blow in the wind as much.

Then I just read that part of the tradition in wearing the veil is that a bride should only wear one for her first marriage! This goes back to the groom not seeing the bride before marriage too! I don't want to wear a blusher but since this is my first marriage I kind of like the idea of wearing a veil! 

Ugh! No one tells you that planning a wedding is just a whole bunch of decisions! It is rough when you're indecisive! :-)  Thanks y'all! 

Re: To veil or not to veil?

• Options
    I was originally going to wear a flower in my hair, but once my hair was completed the day of, the flower didn't work in, so I ended up wearing a crown of sorts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    3catmom3catmom member
    First Comment
    I like veils, but because my hair is slightly shorter then shoulder length, I was concerned that it might not hold in the wind. I decided to wear a floral hairpiece silk floral in my hair and it looks very nice.
  • Options
    In Response to Re: To veil or not to veil?:
    [QUOTE]I wore a veil, and it was very long.  It did end up driving me nuts with the wind.  I love it in pictures beforehand, but it started to get annoying during the ceremony (though it looks cool blowing in pictures).  However, I ripped it off right after the ceremony and a few pictures; I thought it was going to pull my hair out (little did I realize that even after wind, dancing all night, and sleeping on it, my hair still didn't budge).  I would probably wear it again though b/c of the look (I also had a ball gown and a 1-tiered veil). 
    Posted by jendem8[/QUOTE]

your pic is one of my favorites - so beautiful. what was your dress?
  • Options
    In Response to To veil or not to veil?:
    [QUOTE]Hey OBX Brides, what did you all do for your weddings? Did you choose to wear a veil or not? My dress is a drop waist ball gown with beading on the bodice.  Originally I did not want to wear a veil because we are getting married on the beach but recently I have seen and heard that a lot of beach brides do wear veils. I've also read it is better to have a long veil because then it doesn't blow in the wind as much. Then I just read that part of the tradition in wearing the veil is that a bride should only wear one for her first marriage! This goes back to the groom not seeing the bride before marriage too! I don't want to wear a blusher but since this is my first marriage I kind of like the idea of wearing a veil!  Ugh! No one tells you that planning a wedding is just a whole bunch of decisions! It is rough when you're indecisive! :-)  Thanks y'all! 
    Posted by ACJD714[/QUOTE]

no veil for me, but i never wanted one. my friend got married on the beach and used veil weights- worked for her!
  • Options
    I wore a hair flower and a veil. I was adament when I first starting trying on dresses that I didn't want one and then when I finally fell on love with a dress and they put a veil on my head, I just had to have one! I think it was about waist length, maybe shorter, but it didn't bother me at all, so either it wasn't crazy windy or I was too wrapped up in getting married to care!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards