Ohio-Columbus

Passport Questions

Hey ladies!

My fiance and I just booked our honeymoon to Jamaica! Super exciting Laughing However, we are getting married July 27th and we're not going on our honeymoon until October 16th. Kinda sucks, but it'll be nice to leave Ohio when it's starting to get chilly!

Anyways, I do not have a passport currently. I'm trying to figure out what to do. I'm assuming my passport at time of travel will have to have my new name on it. I am planning on changing my name immediately after the wedding and I've heard it's a process. Should I go ahead and buy my passport now and then get the name changed on it? I read that there is no fee for this, but can take 4-6 weeks. I don't know if I want to deal with the stress of trying to get a brand new passport in addition to everything else that will need to be changed.

Please let me know what your suggestions are!! Thanks :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Passport Questions

• Get the passport in your maiden name and book your honeymoon in that name. Worry about changing everything after you get back. The time line would make me nervous...
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I agree!!
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_passport-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:020265b4-7b9c-4175-979d-868fb7b47f4bPost:7bc3e0db-2eca-45e5-9fab-883c9c8c2862">Re: Passport Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Get the passport in your maiden name and book your honeymoon in that name. Worry about changing everything after you get back. The time line would make me nervous...
    Posted by AprilH81[/QUOTE]
  • Ditto.

And you will love Jamaica. That is where we went on our HM.
  • If u did decided to get your new name on ur passport (which i would recommend waiting til you came home) you would have to also travel with ur birth cert. to prove ur you... unless ur willing to get stuck in a customs office wasting time for no reason :) lol Also traveling with all those I.Ds (assuming u bring ur birth cert, passport, and valid drivers license) ur more likely to lose one of those items then ull have even bigger problems.

My fiance lives in canada and i go thru this all the time crossing borders and what not... u dont wanna mess with those things
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards