July 2014 Weddings

There is no such thing as too early!

I don't think you too early its called being organised. We don't want stress closer to the time so why not sort out as much as you can while you can. Well that's the way I see it

Re: There is no such thing as too early!

• YES! So glad someone else feels that way. I am so far ahead of the game it's ridiculous. But it makes me feel SO much more organized and less stressed. I'm DIYing so much of our wedding -- there's no point in waiting until we're 6 months out to do it all. Might as well get ahead while things are still (relatively) quiet!
  • What type of DIY's can you do right now with the wedding far out? I haven't picked a venue yet, but I have three that I will be looking at. One is a country cub, the other is a winery, and one is on the beach. My whole concept is making sure that I take advantage of Florida's beautiful scenery and shrubbery/flowers  ect...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2014-weddings_there-is-no-such-thing-as-too-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:362ec957-f2b2-4d5b-ab11-036a377ec1c6Discussion:964afedd-ffa2-4294-8705-4e717d9f6c64Post:d365355f-14c0-42f3-a470-77b094c65253">Re: There is no such thing as too early!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What type of DIY's can you do right now with the wedding far out? I haven't picked a venue yet, but I have three that I will be looking at. One is a country cub, the other is a winery, and one is on the beach. My whole concept is making sure that I take advantage of Florida's beautiful scenery and shrubbery/flowers  ect...
    Posted by TimitraSabinay[/QUOTE]

<div><span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;background-color:#ffffff;">Little things. If you don't know the venue yet, you probably don't want to do a lot of decor DIYs yet, but you could do small items. Are you planning to make a card box? That's something you could start on now. Or what about gifts? My bridesmaids will be carrying clutches down the aisle instead of bouquets, and I'm going to make the clutches myself. That's something I can do now since it doesn't necessarily need to tie into all of the rest of the decor (just has to match our colors). Think about the little details that might otherwise get pushed to the last minute because they're not as important - those are the things you can work on now, before things get too hectic!</span></div>
  • Thanks! I actually was able to pick my venue and  photographer already. I feel so much better and ready to do this!
  • MY future DIL found this out only days after they were engaged!  Many of the venues they were interested in were already booked!  They did find a good venue - not her first choice, but it is very nice and will work well with her theme.

She is currently looking for a photographer and is finding that many of them are booked this far out as well! Crazy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards