Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Help! Needing a ceremony site in Astoria!

Hello. My fiance and I are getting married in Queens, in Astoria at a venue that doesn't have a great ceremony spot. We need to find a place to have our ceremony but the thing is that we are getting married in April of 2014 and it still might be a little chilly to the ceremony outside. Regardless, does anyone know of some places; gardens, parks, etc. that we can have our ceremony? Preferably we'd like a place where we wouldnt have to pay an arm and a leg for permits and all that jazz. Thanks in advance!! 

Re: Help! Needing a ceremony site in Astoria!

• Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013
    There are only a few parks in Astoria, like Rainey Park along the river.  But in April, I think it's still too cold to be outside.  I also don't know what if anything it would cost.
  • Options
    daria24daria24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    You can ask on the NYC Boards-under Local Boards...wherever the hell that is now with the redesign. It doesn't get a huge amount of traffic so unfortunately I don't know that you will get any answers.

I lived in Astoria for 4 years and I really can't think of any place outside of Church halls, club meeting halls, etc. The park in Astoria isn't too picturesque, and I wouldn't risk an outside ceremony in April. 

The only place I can think of is Studio Square, but I imagine the price will be astronomical.
  • Options
    KaySea6213KaySea6213 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    @JaimeBillFitz This is a (inter)national board. I would try a local one to find people with knowledge of the area.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards