August 2013 Weddings

Bridal Party Gifts

I'm starting to think about bridal party gifts since I have some down time in my planning.  What are you thinking about getting for bridal party gifts?

I know you are supposed to shop for everyone as individuals.  However, every wedding I have been in the gift has been a piece of jewelry to wear at the wedding.  My BMs are probably expecting this or at least to get the same gift, so I may pair a bracelet or necklace with whatever I end up getting each BM.

Re: Bridal Party Gifts

• I have slowly started thinking about this as well. The ideas I have so far include

- Spa Gift Card
    - Taking them out to get their nails done
    - Flasks
    - Jewllery
    -Wine
    -Gardening tools
    -Specialty Teas
    - Tickets to a dinner theater show or upcoming concert

I have 2 girls who are moving out right around the time of the wedding so I was thinking new towels or stuff for a new home.

This website has a ton of really cool unique gift ideas too

http://www.uncommongoods.com/gifts/by-recipient/gifts-for-women

• I got mine wallets, personalized to each of their tastes, from an etsy seller I really like. I liked the often repeated advice from these boards to have the gifts be non WR, but I didn't see a problem with getting them all similar gifts if it is something they all would enjoy. I would definitely use it as a birthday present for any of them!
  • Ohh wallets is a good idea. Which etsy seller did you get them through?
  • RailWay I got them from Happy Kathy.  http://www.etsy.com/shop/happykathy.  I got eclectic prints for my friends who like that sort of thing, and more traditional ones for those who don't.  She was a great and very communicative seller to work with! 
  • All of my BM's love going to the spa for massages so I've decided to get them gift cards to their favorite spa.
  • I did jewelry with their initials on it and two of the girls I did gift cards to a high end fitness shop they love.
  • xstatic - I really like the wallets idea.  My FMIL gives my FBIL's GF and I the same gifts for everything and the only gift we both loved so far was a really nice black Kate Spade zip around wallet.  I may do this, but pick a color or pattern for each BM and a small gift card the her favorite store.
  • That's a good idea to load the wallets with gift cards! I'll look into that if the budget holds out...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards