Illinois-Chicago

Chicago Churches

Anyone out there having trouble finding a church? I am Christian non deominational and so is my FI I just moved to Chicago and he is currently in Indiana. Before moving here I attended a large bible based church, and we still attend church online since we have not found one that we both like. However, it is important for us to be married in a church. But I am having a hard time finding such a church within the downtown area... our venue is a ship off of navy pier... so we are trying to keep everything close together.. Any ideas?

Re: Chicago Churches

• Khinds1Khinds1 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    The First United Methodist Church at the Chicago Temple is right across from Daley Plaza (Clark and Dearborn). It's not within walking distance of Navy Pier, but it wouldn't be a very expensive cab ride. I attend this church and it's where we had our wedding. It's very pretty and they have the sanctuary open every day till about 7 so you can stop in any time to take a peek.
    Our reception was at the Embassy Suites on Columbus and Illinois (not far from Navy Pier) and we just got a shuttle to bring out guests back and forth. It was only a few hundred dollars for like 3 hours.
  • I am also looking for a church to get married in, nondenominational Christian as well. I do not mean to take away from your post, but I would really appreciate such information as well. Personally, anywhere in Chicago would be fine. I would love a place I could have both my ceremony and reception. Thanks and good luck on your search amberrain. The only church I know of is Liberty Christian Center on Addison and Central, but obviously that one is not downtown. Just in case you are interested though, it is $450 for a ceremony there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards