New Jersey

Central NJ Venue

Hi I'm looking for some venues reccomendations or even ones to avoid.  We are looking for a Saturday evening less than 150, hoping to be under $130 per person including gratuity and tax.
I am looking mostly in mercer county, southern middlesex and western monmouth county.  

Any help is always appreciated.

Re: Central NJ Venue

• What month of the year? That makes a big difference. There is Grand Marquis in Old Bridge. I'm not sure what else bc I looked at venues in the 130150 range before tax and gratuity. I live near Addison Park. I also looked at the Palace out of your range for a Saturday, Imperia.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the help !  We are looking from May-July of 2014 the church is in mercer county so we're trying to stay half an hour to 40 minutes within the Princeton area.
  • In Response to Re:Central NJ Venue:
    [QUOTE]We booked at the Crystal Ballroom at the Radisson of Freehold. We booked a Sat. Night and it was reasonably priced plus they have ongoing specials! Good luck :
    Posted by medea813[/QUOTE]

We booked at Doolans Shore Club.  They can stay around that price rang.
  • Check out Mountain Lakes House in Princeton or Sterling Gardens in Matawan. 

• The quote the grand marquis gave me for Sat in april 2014 was $105 pp before tax and gratuity. All inclusive but I booked it for a Friday and booked 21 months in advance so I actually got it for less than that. The food is really good!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • agu101agu101 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I've heard Windows on the Water at Frogbridge is really nice.  They are at the top of your budget, but if you're willing to be flexible you could make it work.  
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • We were going to look at Grand Marquis but realized there weren't any hotels close enough for us.  It is quite beautiful.  I've heard great things about Sterling Gardens in Matawan and we also looked at the Reception Center, also in Matawan, which is a few blocks before Sterling Gardens.  The Reception Center came in under that, but they also had a package that offered vendors that came out to something like $123 pp including taxes.  The vendors were:  DJ, Floral, Invites, and Photographer and Limo.  The packages were basic, but you were able to add on for more money obviously.  Like the invites only includes the invitations and rsvp cards, but we would have been able to use her for our save the dates at a discounted rate. 
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for all of the great advice.  We weren't thrilled with Windows on the Water, the Grand Marquis has a 150 minimum for a Saturday night and they wouldn't budge from that.

I think we found our venue.  I am so excited for it though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards