Wedding Party
Options

Is this a terrible breach of etiquette?

My workplace has a social committee who throw parties when people have a major life event wedding, baby or are leaving our location. They want to throw me and a colleague who is getting married a month after me a joint shower.

Now, etiquettewise, do I have to look at modifying my invites to include work people? I tried to back out of the shower, as I am inviting no one from work, but they seem dead set on it. It's not a gift shower, just a card and people hanging out or, others I have been to were at least . I don't want to just not show up, since others seem so excited, but I'm not sure what to do.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Is this a terrible breach of etiquette?

• Options
    Work showers are the exception to the rule about only inviting to the showe people who are invited to the wedding. Since they're doing this as a co shower, you're in the clear. Go, enjoy yourself, send a nice thank you note, and you're good!
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    Work showers are completely different.  Enjoy and don't worry about it!
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Have fun at the shower! 

Work showers are an exception to the rule that everyone invited to a pre- or post-wedding party must also be invited to the wedding.
  • Options
    lemclane said:
    Work showers are the exception to the rule about only inviting to the shower people who are invited to the wedding. Since they're doing this as a co shower, you're in the clear. Go, enjoy yourself, send a nice thank you note, and you're good!
    This.  The same also goes for those that are thrown by members of a church for you.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for the help!  I feel much better about it now :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards