California-Bay Area

Looking for small private venue for ceremony/reception 50 people

The venue we were going to use is no longer available. Due to the fact we changed our wedding date the venue is no longer available to use.  The bummer is it was FREE.  We are looking for a small venue (maybe a back yard/garden) in the San Jose Area for October 12th.  We are trying to keep our costs down so the cheaper the better.  We have our own vendors so that is not an issue.

Any ideas would be welcome!  Thanks Ladies!!!

Re: Looking for small private venue for ceremony/reception 50 people

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-bay-area_looking-for-small-private-venue-for-ceremonyreception-50-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:602Discussion:6445143d-e2fd-4bec-8572-90b4a5416a20Post:298d10d1-fc76-4aab-86ad-f3f03f5dc265">Looking for small private venue for ceremony/reception 50 people</a>:
    [QUOTE]The venue we were going to use is no longer available. Due to the fact we changed our wedding date the venue is no longer available to use.  The bummer is it was FREE.  We are looking for a small venue (maybe a back yard/garden) in the San Jose Area for October 12th.  We are trying to keep our costs down so the cheaper the better.  We have our own vendors so that is not an issue. Any ideas would be welcome!  Thanks Ladies!!!
    Posted by katy+jeff[/QUOTE]

I am curious to know what venue you found that was free.  My daughter lives in San Francisco.  We are planning a short notice wedding (july5th) for 25 people or so.  Any ideas for low budget?  Thanks.
  • We are planning a short notice destination wedding (July5th) .  Wondering if anyone is familiar with weddings in Puerto Rico, hopefullylow budget.  Hoping for an all inclusive resort that is reputable.  Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated!   Thanks in advance....
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-bay-area_looking-for-small-private-venue-for-ceremonyreception-50-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:602Discussion:6445143d-e2fd-4bec-8572-90b4a5416a20Post:09a33196-a2db-4be1-ac4d-2890d42e589c">Re: Looking for small private venue for ceremony/reception 50 people</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Looking for small private venue for ceremony/reception 50 people : I am curious to know what venue you found that was free.  My daughter lives in San Francisco.  We are planning a short notice wedding (july5th) for 25 people or so.  Any ideas for low budget?  Thanks.
    Posted by Sprout5398[/QUOTE]

The venue was my Sister-In-laws backyard.  But she is now pregnant and due right around the time of our wedding.
  • I'm not sure about places in San Jose, you might want to check out the Local Parks & Recreation website to see what rental sites they have.

If you're willing to venture outside of San Jose, a couple of venues in Fremont that I've been to weddings at with a backyard vibe are Shinn Historic Park(click) and Palmdale Estates(click).

Century House(click) in Pleasanton is another great option.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Not sure if you want to venture out to the east bay, but there is a veue at Los Trompas in San Ramon. It is gorgeous! 
    Renee Flores - Wedding Coordinator, Mariee Weddings http://marieeweddings.com
  • We are planning a short notice destination wedding (July5th) .  Wondering if anyone is familiar with weddings in Puerto Rico, hopefullylow budget.  Hoping for an all inclusive resort that is reputable.  Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated!   Thanks in advance....
    Are you planning in SF or Puerto Rico? I'm confused...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards