North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

sandals, shoes, barefoot? HELP please!

Hello all!

I am trying to figure out what myself and the bridal party should wear on our feet for the beach ceremony.  I was originally planning on barefoot for me and the bridesmaids and my fiance wants he and his groomsmen to be barefoot as well but do you think it will look weird if the guys are standing up there with light grey suits on and no shoes?  He seems pretty adament about not wearing real shoes and I think I could talk him into flip flops if needed....would that be appropriate?

The ladies plan on wearing heels for some pics and part of the reception and then also have sandals. I have heels as well since they are one of my favorite parts of the wedding accessories and I just HAVE to wear them for a little while.  My fiance wants to only wear flip flops for the reception as well.  Have any of you done this before or seen this done? What does it look like?  Any help or suggestions would be great!

Thanks!!

Re: sandals, shoes, barefoot? HELP please!

• Options
    Our guys had flip flops, and the girls and I all wore wedge flip flops. The wedges helped with sinking into the sand. Keep in mind the time of your wedding, and the time of year, as the sand could be very hot for you to walk on. Also, I've heard of some brides being bitten while on the beach when their feet were in the sand.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    All of our guys and girls were barefoot and it wasn't that noticeable. Kel is right about the sand being hot too.

• Options
    3catmom3catmom member
    First Comment
    We all will be wearing flip flops. In July it is just too hot to wear anything else and there is the hot sand to consider.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards