Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Cookie table help

Hi all.  I'm not a Pittsburgh bride (though my family is from there), but I figured if anyone would be able to help me with some cookie table questions, this group would.  :)  The thing we're trying to figure out right now is what type/size of container to provide to our guests to take some cookies home with them.  I had originally been thinking of supplying bags about 5"x7", but my mom thinks a bag won't be protective enough for some of the more fragile cookies and that a small box would be better.  What have any of you used/are you planning to use, or what have people used at recent weddings you've been to?  Also, where have you found your bags/boxes?  I'm trying to keep the cost for these really low, and some websites' shipping costs just put the per/bag total too high.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can give me some guidance on this!

Re: Cookie table help

• You can use whatever you want. People that want cookies don't care what they take them home in. Lol We used 7" cellophane bags and that was perfectly fine - if someone wanted more, they just took 2 bags...
    I found them at a party store on clearance after Christmas (we had a January wedding). 
  • I've seen either the small square styrofoam containers (the ones that are like 5"x5") or chinese takeout cartons at cookie tables. I prefer the takeout cartons, because styrofoam is so environmentally unfriendly. I've seen the takeout cartons at the party stores in the area, as well as several places down in the Strip District.
  • I recent purchased the chinese style take home cartons at the dollar store. They sell 3 packs for $1. They might be cheaper online, too. 
  • Try GFS for containers.  No membership required and you can buy in bulk.  The sell to the food service industry as well, so they should have a good selection that you can look through.
  • We used coffee tin tie bags from Papermart.com. We had 180 guests, purchased 100 bags, and only had about 8 leftover!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We purchased plastic containers and are putting stickers on them. They will be sitting them next to the cookies with cake to go as well. We got them from GFS foods 100 for 20.00 I believe.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • des9724des9724 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Hello!  I agree with another poster who said it doesn't really matter what container you pick! I know when I go to weddings, the cookies don't even make it to the car! ;)  However, I purchased 5x7 pastry bags with the protective lining (so that the grease from our peanut butter cookies won't seep through).  Unless your guests have super-strong grip, the bags should be fine.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • Thanks for all the suggestions so far.  We will have a lot of out-of-town guests, so I think that's part of the reasoning my mom had for wanting to have something more protective for the cookies.  If they don't eat them that night, they need to travel about 4 hours home with our guests.  I have a monogram stamp I'd like to use on the bags/boxes, so I'm hoping to get something paper that I can stamp directly on to.

I'll have to see if one of my relatives can check out GFS for me since we don't live in the area.  That pricing sounds pretty good.  I haven't seen any of the Chinese takeout containers at our dollar store, but maybe I'll look in some others.  And I'm really glad to hear your guest count/bag count ratio, Caitlynmk.  That will help me when judging how many we might need.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards