Rhode Island

Car rental?

I've been trying to find someplace to rent a "get away" car from -- ideally, something like a vintage Rolls Royce.  Both my DOC and I have tried getting in touch with several different companies (multiple times) without getting a single reply.  Has anyone had good luck renting a car in the area?

Re: Car rental?

• amzybamzyb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Rockstar Limo has been quick to repond to emails. I was in contact with Maegan, who seems really responsive and helpful. I went to their open house a few weeks ago to see their trolley, and they did have a vintage car on display. Not sure if it is the kind that you are looking for, but it might be worth a shot. I ended up going with a different company, but it was just because I liked the look of another trolley better. Good luck!
  • Rockstar Limo has been great for me and my former clients in the past.  Depending on your area, Emerald Square Limousine in North Attleboro has been very good as well but I don't think they have anything vintage.
  • Unfortunately, Rockstar is one of the ones that we've reached out to multiple times and haven't heard back from. 
  • I tried Rockstar at first too, and while they were responsive, it was way out of budget. We're just going ~3mi down the road, but wanted the same idea for an exit. The quote was close to $250 for literally 10 minutes' time. It wasn't worth it in my eyes!
  • @lisabeats - did you book with another car service?  If so, who are you using?
  • @ven&radio - No, I haven't. I'm using a trolley for the WP, and my mom is trying to find a family friend w/ a vintage car to use. We squeezed some other things into our budget, and I'm just not willing to pay that much for something so small. It may mean sacrificing the look we're going for, but no one will know that but me.
  • Thanks for the follow up.  We still have some money in our budget (which is kind of shocking to me, haha), so I'm willing to splurge on a nice getaway vehicle.
  • We ended up scratching the antique car because it was expensive and difficult to find. Rock star definitely has one and is normally very responsive, they quoted as $1,200 for 4 hours I think.

I think Newport Limo has one and maybe South County trolley. But they may not be white, we wanted a white one. Another option is to ask family/friends if anyone has anything or go to a classic car show and ask. A lot of older men love to show off the antique cars and may be willing to do it for a smaller fee. GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards